Saturday, February 2, 2013

Treats and tub

Andy went to get our Chocolate Stroll tickets early this morning (at like 6:15).  He had to run 10 miles today and it was perfect timing since the tix went on sale at 6, he wanted to practice early running like you would on a race day, and Orting has a nice trail.  He said it was cool running through the mist in the dark past emu farms lol.  He got back to the bakery where the tickets were to bring us treats.  The nice guy there gave him a free cupcake to bring to me!

The other day Andy went to the ram bar to do trivia with his friends and I stayed home with Sawyer since it is much too hard to find last minute babysitters. (I went out to dinner with my friends on Monday to clarify that he wasn't just ditching us lol)  He has had a runny nose so his face was crusty so I gave him a bath.  It has been so dry and cold lately that we can hardly ever give him a bath since his skin dries up so bad even with lotion.  To clarify that this isn't disgusting, you aren't supposed to give little ones baths often because water and especially soap is really bad for their skin anyway, they suggest like once a week unless they rolled in mud, but Sawyer has extra dry skin so it is even more truthful for him.



Oh, and apparently the baby is done.  Natalie said she always things of belly buttons like those thermometers that pop out when they're done.  My belly button decided that he's done.  I think we're going to have to make him well-done because it is much too early.

I'm actually really relieved because even after several moves, Ashley called me right after I bought a new robe for the hospital (at $22 ugh) and said she found my robe and slippers I lent her from last time.  I assumed they were gone since it's been 2 years but YAY.  I didn't even ask her to look for them, she just randomly texted me that she had them.  Even though I had torn the tags off, Target still took it back!  That was a good surprise.  I think I need to make the bag and stick it in my car so we are set in case something happens while I'm at work...which reminds me I should throw in an extra pair of pants lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment