Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Sick again

Sawyer has been sick since Friday.  Though the worst of his fever was gone by Saturday night, he has had this awful cough and runny nose.  This darn cough wakes him up at night...then he ends up in our bed without us even noticing...then he coughs and coughs and wakes us up too.  I found him sleeping at the end of our bed like a dog one night when I woke up at 3am to go to the bathroom.  He usually goes to Andy's side and Andy, being incredibly tired, just loads him in our bed without knowing he does it.  My face has been coughed on so many times, it is gross!

Last night we found somewhat of a winning combo.  We got some children's vapor rub stuff, and bought a humidifier (we borrowed some enough it was time to buy one).  He lasted until 4am, then went back to bed until it was time to leave for work at 8:30- phew!  He napped a total of 6 hours yesterday, so that was a relief that he actually slept.

This morning as I was driving to work, I felt like I was about to pass out (it's happened enough times in my life that I know how the pre-fainting feeling is) I almost pulled over but just drove all the way.  It happened again at work (sitting), and when I would stand for more than a few minutes I felt like my legs would collapse.  That isn't completely weird at this point, I have like 30 extra lbs on me and an adorable parasite (in the most lovingly way to use that word hehe) inside sucking out my energy.  Well, as the day came to a close my body started hurting and I realized that all that coughing in my face caught up.  UGH.  As if I wasn't having enough other problems (back ache, extreme pelvis pains- they pop if I roll over in bed and wake me up, exhaustion, blah blah blah)

Sawyer has been SO difficult when he has been sick.  It is so hard to keep patient because I know how sad of shape he is in, but he will scream/cry for the dumbest things "DADDY CLEANED MY HANDS!" (okayyyyy?)  "I DON'T WANT BO-NANA!" (then don't eat the banana) "ITS NOT SLEEPY TIME, ITS WAKE UP TIME" (I never said you had to go to bed).  I want to throw a tantrum because I am in sad shape myself and can't have screaming.  Andy has been so good and taking care of him though, I am so grateful he is around.

There have been a couple things keeping us sane.  I let Sawyer watch Spongebob last week (usually he watches on demand or Sprout) and they have commercials.  Of course he sees a Cars drifters track.  He asked for it every day since.  He has been in such sad shape so we went and got it for him and he LOVES this thing.  It is pretty cool though.  You can build different tracks and the tiny cars drift around because they are balancing on one ball instead of wheels.


He also watched a lot of Sprout- I feel like he looks like an old guy with a beer here and it cracks me up.

My parents got back from Florida and brought me Harry Potter cups from the theme park- and I even got to try fizzing whizzbees! Yum :)  I just wish I got to try some of their butterbeer!  You have to go the the theme park for that.

That's whats up with the Monsons at the moment.  I can't believe that Sawyer would be here in 2 1/2 weeks at this point- I feel like we are not ready since time has just gone too fast, but everything is ready to go.  Here is 35 weeks...looking at this picture makes me gag lol.  My poor tummy has been slathered in cocoa butter for 30 weeks now, but I feel like it's about to give at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment