Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Vacation commence!

I think this was the longest day of my life.  I swear I checked my clock every 10 minutes at work.  Waiting for 5:30.  It finally arrived and birthday/valentine vacation has finally begun!

Photo in the bathroom of my sweet work get-up (yeah it was a boring day)
Andy got home a little after me, and Sawyer promptly ruined a surprise haha.  He started saying "mommy wants a balloon!" over and over, slowly getting more upset.  I was confused, but Andy brought in an early Valentine's present. "It's got bugs on it!"

We already got a little valentine from Sawyer this week with the help from grandma.  He gets so proud of it.


As our first act of vacation, we went out to dinner.  Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives (the tv show with Guy Fierri) will be featuring Crockett's downtown Puyallup this upcoming Monday, and we thought we'd go since we haven't been in awhile.  I decided to try the sloppy joes since that was featured on the show, Andy had a Philly burger, and Sawyer the usual grilled cheese.  The joe was definitely good, but I think the burgers there really take the cake.  I had a bite of Andy's and it was delicious!  I have had burgers there in the past and all were really good.
I have a thing for onion straws

The philly burger even had whiz on it!  Authentic


I got home and proceeded to watch 2 of my shows I had recorded.  I don't know why but every show I follow is apparently in the SAME season.  Give it a few weeks and I'll have no shows, but at this time I have 8 shows a week.  Thank goodness all Sawyer wants to do is play his cars and watch Sprout upstairs, because I am not much fun these days and my patience is definitely lacking.  And thank goodness for DVR's!  I think they are worth the money just so you can fast forward through the commercials and pause it when Sawyer shoots a particularly loud car across the wood floor.

I'm super excited to sleep in tomorrow though...as long as Sawyer can sleep longer.  He has started appearing in our room super early in the morning.  Sometimes he will sleep there for hours, later than me, and sometimes he will just turn on Sprout at 5am and I end up tired and angry. Let's hope for the first one :)

Oh, still no progress with the union :(  We got our tax return, but I'm nervous to use it because I don't want to end up on strike and have no money.

No comments:

Post a Comment