Friday, February 8, 2013

ups and downs, but mostly ups

Today started on a "down".  We had to be at work at 6:55am to clock in to get to the Tacoma mall by 7:40 (dropping off Sawyer on the way).  I am not an early morning person.

The meeting turned into an "up" though, my manager's boss and his boss (the guy that was running the conference call involving all of WA and Northern ID) were both there.  It is a recognition call we do once a month that involves that area and our small store rarely makes it on the presentation slides...but I did!!!  Yep, our store got the highest audit last month (what my job revolves around), and therefore I was personally on the top 3 finance representatives!  Everyone in the room cheered (like 70 people) and I got a special shout out from the top guy :) :) :)

Work was the normal "meh".  I got off early though since we had to be in so early. Plus, this really fluffy dog came in and it was so funny looking I was laughing the whole time.  The lady just sat it in a chair. It made it an "up" as well.

I got Sawyer and it soon turned into a "down".  We were leaving daycare and he tells me he needs to pee.  I told him can you please wait until we get to the store (there is nowhere to go until we reached Safeway on Canyon).  He said yes but then started whimpering.  Then crying.  I asked if it hurt and he cried "yes it hurts!"  I was almost in tears because it was the saddest thing I've ever seen.  Then, crying, he said "its coming out".  I was then in tears because it was even sadder than just the crying.  He then goes "I peed my pants.  I peed in the carseat!"  I told him it was OK and rubbed his leg and after that he brightened up again even though he was soaked. :(

Next we were getting ready for Ashley's birthday taco party.  We went and got her balloons and headed over.  We had fun hanging out with everyone- definite "up".  Sawyer and Payslie played together in Mossy's cage.  They played so well together because they are 6 months apart, but she is very smart and speaks full sentences.

We went out to the garage to see the lizards.  Sawyer liked them from a distance, but really loved the roaches.  He hovered over the roach box the whole time!  He did try and hold the lizards but they scared him so much he dropped them when they moved and ran away (he tried twice, once with a big one and once with a little one).  Brandon said he should be his little helper and come over to feed them since he liked the roaches so much though lol. They said she should get one but I am not a fan of critters, and those things are $500 a piece!


I had a lot of fun at Ashley's.  3 and possibly 4 of us there were pregnant lol!  Don't drink the water in Graham unless you want kids!  Time for bed now though, we have a lot of walking to do tomorrow, and I'm already sore from yesterday- I'm hoping I can make it more than 100 yards!

No comments:

Post a Comment