Thursday, February 21, 2013

Mood swings

No, not me, Sawyer.

One minute he is the cutest thing.  He'll come over, say "I love you so much mommy" and kiss me (or Andy), say I look pretty or that he likes my shirt.  When I am sad he comes over and says "don't be sad, be happy! It's ok mommy!"  Today at the doctor office when it was heartbeat time he stopped playing with the toys for a second, looked at the doctor, and whispered "that's baby brother!" and yesterday Andy helped him feel him wiggling and tell him he loved him and he looked at me and said "he's not talking back to me!" with the most puzzled look on his face.  He can say the cutest things, like when something is big, he says its "huge-mongous".  He is always pretty polite and says please and thank you.

The next minute, he can turn into a little devil.  His new favorite phrase is "I don't want ______ ANYMORE!" (insert anything from "to eat" to "change clothes" to "ride in the cart")  He says this several times a day.  He won't go anywhere we want him to anymore unless we threaten the super-lame "well I guess we'll leave and you can just stay by yourself, all alone."  And he has started peeing his pants again!  He was completely potty trained, but in the past week or so he has peed his pants or pull ups like 6 times!

I really don't think he realizes that a baby is coming to live with us, so I don't think that's it.  It must just be terrible twos.  Not to mention he ends up in our bed every single morning (sometimes early, sometimes he ends up there after Andy leaves). I don't know what to do!

Don't get me wrong, I just love the little guy (even when he's a pill), I'm really just super nervous to have two of these handfuls!  If I've learned anything about adulthood it's that nobody really knows what they're doing- you just kind of go along doing the best you can...and I guess that's what we'll have to keep doing and trust it will turn out ok!  Luckily we just have to worry about a little crying squishy for awhile, which is honestly a lot easier than a talking-back toddler.  Plus little squishies just lay there and let you cuddle them, even when they are in bad moods :)

3 comments:

  1. I remember sometimes after potty training seemed successful that accidents would happen if there was some other health issue going on like not getting enough sleep, or over-tired, or even with a flu-bug coming on. He'll get it eventually, but the challenge lies in just coping and being patient until the "eventually" happens. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love little squishies :) Maddox is a throwing fit pro too... I'm hoping it doesn't get worse when baby arrives lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He might just be hitting the terrible threes early. Gray hit the terrible threes early. He was never that bad during his terrible twos. And all my friends said wait until he turns 3. 3 is the worst age ever. And not to stress u out, but they so are. I can't wait until Gray gets out of the terrible 3's. It sucks LOL

    ReplyDelete