Friday, December 14, 2012

Turning it around

This whole week has been a doozy.  It started with Monday morning's early last-minute meeting being called to tell us our beloved manager Chantal is putting in her 2 weeks, and ended by trying to hold back tears all day learning new details about the tragedy of the elementary school shooting this morning in CT.  I missed Sawyer all day, and Andy did not get off early like he thought, so I had to wait even longer.  (I think he's going to get gray hairs from this job...he's got to be working 70-80 hours this week.)  I was starving by the time work was done (I only ate a yogurt all day) and knew where I wanted us to go.

It was the Buttered Biscuit time.  It did not disappoint.  I like the "don't be a chicken" there.  It is a ginormous cornbread with their frosting-like butter, then big biscuits covered in the largest chicken fried steak with gravy, with their eggs (that include multiple things including ham), and special potato slice things.  IT. IS. SO. GOOD.  Downside: it is $13.  Upside: It is literally 4 filling meals worth of food.  Andy even got a complete second meal out of his slightly smaller one, and larger-than-me body.  He and Sawyer shared his cornbread, and I brought half of mine home.  The place is pretty cute too, with a kids play corner and all drinks come in mason jars.  It is all "gramma food."

They were taking a picture and Sawyer says to Andy, "No! Like this!" and leans his head in like that lol



It tastes way better than it looks here.  All the goods are under the delicious gravy


I hadn't eaten anything all day and at this point I was completely stuffed

Leftovers barely fit in a to-go box.
Hopefully this weekend can turn this week around.  We have plans for Zoolights, family dinner, and my work's Christmas party.  It is off to a good start at least!

No comments:

Post a Comment