Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Christmas '12

Christmas morning I woke up excited like a little kid at 9:30.  Unfortunately, the same could not be said for the actual little kid.  I waited until 10 and finally went in and woke him up.  We couldn't wait around forever since we were hosting Christmas.

We headed downstairs and emptied the stockings.  I had Andy get candy to put in them, and I didn't know what was in there either.  Sawyer was so excited as he pulled out each candy though, saying, "I got chock-it!" or "I got candies!"





Then came his presents.


Showing off the toy he picked out for baby  brother





He reeeeeaaaalllllyyy wanted that firetruck, and he is in love with the Cars. Other noteworthy gifts include mega blocks (our entire bag we had disappeared somehow), mr. potato head, a giant pirate ship, and a Raleys truck from grandma and papa sam.  the only problem is Disney SCREWED every single car into the cardboard.  Andy had to find a screwdriver and unscrew all of them- it took forever!  We got a waffle maker from his mom, I got him a neon shirt and cologne, and he got me sheets, perfume and a bra without wires (they were KILLING me pressing into my tummy).  We cleaned up quick and got ready for our guests.

We had a lot of fun, and all of us ate too much.  Sawyer didn't take a nap the entire day until we put him to bed at like 8:30 (which I think is the first time ever).  We played kinect and watched Pitch Perfect (so funny).
Here he is with some of his cars






Today, Sawyer got another gift, a monster hat that Janelle knitted for him.  Apparently he loved it so much he wouldn't take it off all day!

I am kind of sad Christmas is over, since I love the season and decorations so much.  Next up is just my birthday in February (meh) and then we wait for baby.

Here are a couple videos.  The first is Sawyer trying to sing "Jingle Bells" (which is just "Jingle bells all the way") and him unwrapping his Cars set ("I got....Cars 2!)



2 comments:

  1. Haha, Lee and I LOVED Pitch Perfect! Hilarious! And what a fun Christmas! I should have gotten some video, but the chaos with three kiddos didn't allow it this year. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! What a fun Christmas, and thanks for posting the pictures & videos, I LOVE his "just woke up" hair, he is simply the best! Fun times and great memories yes?! Yes!

    ReplyDelete