Monday, December 17, 2012

Holiday Festivities

Can I first just say, IT'S SNOWING!  I still get all giddy like they're going to cancel school tomorrow, even though I know it means driving around in it now :)  It's just so pretty though!  Plus, I have 4WD.  We were looking out the window and Andy goes, "It's a Christmas miracle!"  Sawyer, trying to copy him, goes, "Its a Christmie......Santa......cake!" Close enough.



Anyway, this weekend we started some Christmas festivities.  On Saturday we went to Zoolights with Kyndyl and Joe, and Andy's new GM Seth and his family (one of their kids is even Sawyer's age).  It was very pretty, but I was annoyed that they had half the aquarium closed for a private party :(  It was packed there too but we managed a front row spot.

When Sawyer saw this rainbow, my heart melted a little.  He goes "Look! A rainbow!  It's so beautiful mommy!"


Sawyer loved watching the baby tigers.  They would even walk right up to the window!  I was never quick enough with the camera to get a picture though.  Here he is with some meerkats, which he also liked.



He loved the fish tanks as well, they had all sorts of fish and even huge sharks.

Here he is waving to me from the carousel.

Afterwards we all went out to dinner at the Village Inn and Sawyer got some weird pancake face.  It cracked me up it was so goofy.  The first thing he did was stab his fork into the butter and try to eat the whole scoop.

Then he decided he was a dog.

We also experienced a small victory here.  He was wearing pull-ups all day (I don't take him far in just undies) and he told us he had to pee in public for the first time.  He pees in the pull-ups sometimes because they feel like diapers, so it was kind of a double victory there.


The next day was busy.   I woke up and had to make cookie dough to chill for the party that night.  I also made a batch of oreo white chocolate chip cookies.  I took a shower, and we barely made it to Tacoma in time to surprise Davey for his birthday.  Another victory there, Sawyer told us when he had to potty!

I ran across the street to half price books and luckily quickly found one for my Secret Santa recipient (complete book of vegan cooking).  We got home and rolled out dozens of cookies.  I had just enough time to make glaze frosting and have them harden before leaving.


We then went to my work Christmas party which was pretty fun.  We played minute to win it games, exchanged secret santas, and ate.  Sawyer came along and watched Toy Story like a good little boy.

Natalie and Grayson had to shake balls out of a tissue box on their booty

Here's me and Jake trying to move a Christmas ornament on a string wrapped in a loop around us just by spinning.

A fun one that we didn't get a picture of because I was on different teams as Andy is we had to catch 3 marshmallows in our mouth (can't swallow or spit them out) that our partner threw.  It had to pass through a wreath first.  I won :) (I was catching them in my mouth, Andy was throwing them for his team)

Quite fun, but such a busy weekend always leaves me feeling exhausted instead of rested. Plus this week we open an hour early, which means I have to do inventory at 6am tomorrow, blech!

1 comment:

  1. What a fun time! I think I should have you be in charge of one of my weekends so that we get out and do something fun hahaha... I'm just WAY TOO TIRED lately! And yay for potty training!

    ReplyDelete