Thursday, December 27, 2012

New things

We've been thinking about the new things we will need for the new baby.  We won't be having a shower or anything since we have almost everything from a crib and furniture (bought it off a relative before we were even pregnant), to basics (pack n play, diaper genie, toys), and clothes.

We used a small mix of gift cards we had and got for Christmas, and finally knocked out one of them yesterday.  I wanted to get 2x4 cube shelving for the boys rooms at Ikea, but after finding them for half the price at Home Depot and having $90 left on a giftcard, I decided to go with the slightly cheaper looking/quality ones since it is for boys rooms and not the living room.  I got some of the baskets to go inside too.  I guess baby's room will have to be some sort of combo of yellow, light blue, or green.

It was cute in the store, Sawyer told everyone he saw "that's mine" pointing to the brown one, and "that's baby brother's" pointing to the white one.  Now we just need to find the energy to put them together and organize the rooms.  It is getting to the point where standing all day is leaving me so exhausted, and my legs and feet get so sore I just want to lay down when I get home.  Sawyer still needs to switch rooms.  I originally planned to try turning his crib to the daybed when he moved rooms, but I do not want him running into our room in the middle of the night whispering "wake up!  wake up!" or trying his latest antic of moving one of the kitchen chairs into the pantry and standing on it to get the fruit snacks.  He can also now unlock the door just fine and I just picture him running outside while we're sleeping.  They say to keep your kid in the crib as long as they're not crawling out and it becomes dangerous, so I'm definitely going to follow that advice and keep him in there for as long as I can now that he's getting mischievous.  I can just have 2 babies at once :)

We are also trying to figure out the stroller situation.  We go on a lot of walks, where I figured we could push Sawyer and carry the little one, but we also on occasion (and hopefully frequently this summer) jog together. We are trying to figure out if two single joggers are better or buying a double jogger.  We don't really anticipate situations where one of us would jog without the other with the kids and would need a double on our own, but I hate (and it is physically awkward for me) pushing strollers while jogging so Andy usually does it.  It seems like it would suck for him to push a double though.  In the situations where we aren't jogging though (which are super rare), I can't tell if I want to carry the little one forever, or if we would benefit from one of those super-wide double joggers. We are leaning towards getting two singles (well, buying one more) at the moment, plus it would be cheaper.  Maybe we could invest the money spent on a quality carrier like the Ergo.


No comments:

Post a Comment