Thursday, December 13, 2012

24

We are at 24 (plus a few days) weeks!  We had a doctor appointment today, and they said I need to come in for my diabetes screening before Christmas.  Boo.  That is when you get to drink a gross sugary drink and wait an hour before they start drawing blood from you to see if you have gestational diabetes.

She always asks if we have questions...which we never do...but everyone's been asking about labor so I asked her about it.  I only had 3 hopes:  1. Avoid induction at all costs (unless baby or my life is in danger) 2. Avoid the regular shot-in-the-back epidural 3. Avoid c-section (well, duh).  All of these things come with great risks that I definitely do not want to risk after doing research.  I asked if there are any other methods of reducing pain that aren't that dangerous epidural.  Her response was "How long was Sawyer's again?"  "Well, we were only at the hospital for like a half hour, but I dawdled at home after my water broke"  She says "Ehhh..yeah...we aren't going to have time for any of that pain stuff".  LOL.  I was like "Well what if this one is longer?  I won't take a shower before coming so it will give more time" and she said "That is not likely, it is usually faster, and that shower you took is often 10 hours for other people after their water breaks...still not enough time."  I also asked if I could sit in one of their tubs...but then I remembered it was so painful once I was in the hospital that I couldn't even move the half inch for them to put that band around me so walking from a tub is probably not an option.  It always blows my mind seeing people on TV walking the hallways while in labor...that was not something I could do lol.  She pretty much told me to stop worrying about it because we still have so much time.  Ok, fair enough.  I guess there's nothing I can do about it all.  I was worried about having a tubby baby naturally, but I actually had a few people say it felt the same since fat is squishy and their 7 lb babies felt the same as their 11 lb babies.  Quite a relief lol.

Here I am as of now.  I have finally started getting strangers asking what I'm having :)

P.S. Now I know why you aren't supposed to ride a bike or horse while pregnant.  My balance was so off I kept falling off the tub edge as soon as I tried to take a picture.

2 comments:

  1. You look awesome! And I slightly envy your quick delivery. I have yet to have one shorter than 14 hours. But as long as I don't have another 34hr one I'll be ok... Hah! But really, you are all belly and look amazing! We are moved, so maybe ONE OF THESE DAYS we will finally have time for a photo! I even just want a quick family one to post for Christmas, but time is flying by!

    ReplyDelete