Sunday, December 2, 2012

Deck the halls

I mustered up the energy to put some of the Christmas decorations up.  I had Andy do the lights yesterday since I hate putting those on more than anything.  I also hate putting the baubles on the tree, but I feel like pawning off one crappy job was enough for him.  Sawyer helped, but he was terrible at it and mostly made the hangers fall off, but it was sweet anyway.  He did hand me them when I needed them so that was a bit of a help. The stockings were falling over the actual fireplace when placed along the top, which we enjoy using, so I just hung them on the side and made a bunting to cover the middle.  Bebe even got a half a stocking since he's a little half person :)

The state of the house has been stressful.  We have too much stuff to deal with when considering the amount of energy we have.  We just kind of take it one room at a time when we have to clean, and the spare rooms are put on hold for organization.  I have been stressing lately on how to do the boys' rooms but I realized that Sawyer will probably be in his toddler bed for another good year or two+ (crib transforms from crib to toddler bed to day bed to full size bed) so he doesn't need new bed stuff.  Babies are not allowed to have ANYTHING in their beds (crib bumpers, blankets, and other stuffies are deadly until they are pretty old) so I pretty much just need to have a crib sheet picked out by the time he comes.  We do plan to get an Ikea box shelf set in addition to his already bought (long before he was thought of) dresser and nightstand to hold all of the clothes too big for him (and we have A LOT).

This weekend went way too fast.  They all do.  Just looking forward to the weekends!

Here are a few of our decorations.  I know the white balance of my phone just sucks,, and for some reason in its wealth of editing options, it doesn't have a white balance fix.

Hi Andy!




No comments:

Post a Comment