Thursday, December 20, 2012

2.5

Sawyer is 2 1/2 today and I feel like that is an important age, so I wanted to make sure to post about it.

-He dances a lot more than normal lately

-His sentences are super weird, the subject is always at the end and separated.  Example: "I want it, bagel" or "No like it, milk"

-He behaves quite well if you phrase things you want from him the right way.  You might have to try a few times though.  He has never had to go to time out.  If he does something bad he immediately looks guilty and says sorry right away.

-He apparently thinks he is a teenager.  I tried to get him to get up this morning and he would just roll over and pull the blanket over his head and say "No going Eli and LJ's" I said "yes". He said "no" and kept his eyes shut.  This yes/no continued for awhile until I just picked him up and baby carried him downstairs.  I think he would have faked sick if he knew how.

-He still loves Cars.  A lot.

-His favorite shows are Jungle Junction, Little Einsteins (particularly "firetruck rocket" episode), Yo Gabba Gabba ("two gabbas"), Jake and the Neverland Pirates ("Jake and pirates"), Curious George ("monkey George"), Sesame Street ("Elmo street"), and occasionally he will ask for Dora or Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.  He can sing a few parts of the theme songs to some of them.

-He still likes to read.  He just looks at the pictures, or repeats exactly what I say while moving his finger by the words. 

-His favorite food is eggs and favorite color is orange

-He is pretty good at playing with his car characters, he makes his voice all high pitched and they have conversations.

-He also enjoys conversations with himself in the backseat of the car.  I heard him arguing with himself the other day "Mommy said yes...NO! Mommy said no!"

I can't really think of anything else noteworthy that he does at the moment.  He is pretty great though, very polite, friendly and well-behaved.

3 comments:

  1. He is growing so fast and learning very quickly. I love reading your blog as you document the details of Sawyer's growth. I long to see and be with him but I am grateful for Readeo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's never been in time out?? Holy moly, what a good kid! J drew on our walls haha

    ReplyDelete