Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Meet Doug

Last week we had a few vendors come to my work.  They usually show up at least once a month and teach us about their phones and encourage us to sell more.  They usually bring swag with them of their brands, but last week was a good one.  I got a Starbucks gift card from the Samsung rep, and a $25 Amazon gift card from the LG rep.

I always wanted an Elf on the Shelf, but they are $30 and I didn't think Sawyer was old enough to understand the story so I thought I would probably put it off another year (plus they are always sold out in stores so you often have to get them online).  It was the perfect opportunity to use my gift card though, and today, the box arrived!

It comes with a book explaining the process, which I read to Sawyer.  It is pretty much saying your elf goes to the north pole every night to tell Santa how you've been behaving and what you want for Christmas.  He can't talk back, but the kids are encouraged to talk to him.  They shouldn't touch him or the magic might disappear.  In the morning, the kids are supposed to go find him because he moves to a new spot.  It is a fun tradition that I hope we can keep around.

The first step is to name your elf.  I assumed I would have to take on this role, but I asked Sawyer what his name was.
"Ummmm....Doug"
"Doug?"
"Yeah."

I don't even know where he would know that name from, but it was a name and it belongs to our elf.

Here he is.  I told Sawyer he can touch him once a year when he first arrives.



No comments:

Post a Comment