Saturday, December 1, 2012

Oh, Christmas Tree

December is here!  Time for Christmas!

We loaded up first thing in the morning to head to our favorite tree farm.  As much as I'd love to chop down a tree from a mountain, I have memories of being small and too many cars sliding around in the snow from people driving unsafely, and it was enough for my parents to say "no more".  We always go to Kaelin's tree farm because it isn't the typical close rows of trees right next to each other, they are kind of scattered on a hill with random sizes and types.  You can tell it is a small family business too because I think it is at their house and it is always a nice old man with his little grandkids helping him out.




Sawyer was really sick, so Andy had to carry him most of the time.


He found the tree!  We like the grand firs because they are nice and bushy

Sawyer LOVED helping daddy saw the tree down

Timber!

He helped daddy load the tree on the car

We tied it down and went home, of course I was nervous the whole time that it would just slide right off.  We even took it through a drive-through :)

We got it up and lights on so far.  Oh I just love a real tree.  The smell is lovely and they are nice and bushy and have the little tell-tale imperfections.  We will get it decorated tomorrow and figure out the furniture so I can put up my other decorations. YAY!  I love the holiday season.

1 comment:

  1. Such cute sweet pictures! I love a real tree too, having little children at Christmas time is just the best! I hope Sawyer is feeling better by now.

    ReplyDelete