Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Braces, art, and burgers

I had an orthodontist appointment today.  Everyone keeps asking when I'll get them off.  I always say "I don't know, and I don't want to know."  I don't want to expect a certain time and my teeth not move right and end up disappointed.  Well, today in my appointment she was very pleased.  They changed my rubber bands to include TWO on each side, but made me an appointment in 10 days (usually it is 6 weeks) and the girl said if I can give her 7-10 solid days of rubber band wearing (I forget them sometimes :/) then we can talk about getting them off soon. YAY!  Here is the weird double rubber bands.  Even weirder, they cut my wire on the bottom so there is no wire in 2 separate spots between teeth and it is like having 3 small wires instead of one big one across all my teeth.


Afterwards Andy called and said his work truck broke down and I needed to come get him at work in Auburn.  My reward would be getting to go to Hobby Lobby in Federal Way.  I went there yesterday to get fabric but didn't realize the time and only had time to grab the fabric really quick before they closed.  I had really wanted to look around.  This time I got to comb the whole store (love all the home decor they have!) and bought some charms and a necklace for my mother's day gift.  Andy was planning to get me one from the jewelry store but they are like $150 once you add everything up and I got this one for like $10 and like it better lol.  He was not happy that my gift turned into a $10 gift though so I might get to pick something else too ;)  That store is neat because you can go there and use the coupon once a day from there phone app so I used my same coupon from yesterday to get a chalkboard for half off :)

I want to explain something funny that we had nothing to do with, but Sawyer refers to stores by colors, even when we don't.  He picked the colors and we just went with it.
Yellow store = Walmart
Red store = Target
Black store = Fred Meyer
*and now*
Orange store = Hobby Lobby
He said "I like the orange store.  I like the color of the letters.  Orange is my favorite color"

Since we were in Federal Way, we stopped at Trader Joes to get some of my favorite juice (it is the unfiltered organic apple juice if you are interested).  We saw a new burger place in the parking lot and decided to go in.  Great customer service!  You walk in and everyone that works there (which is a lot of people) yells "Welcome to Mooyah!"  Yes- just like Hooters, but the women were not wearing short shorts and tank tops.  A guy walked us through the menu.  You have to fill out a piece of paper with your order.  It was cool that they made their own buns (they have a little Subway-like bread baker thing) and had a big chalkboard for Sawyer to draw on.  The fries were very good too.

Sawyer is scratching his sticker from Trader Joes-they're all scratch n sniff (pizza, coffee, and cedar)


Here is where I was slightly impressed with Sawyer.  I asked him to draw letters and he drew these (I color coded them in photoshop)  he said the first was an N, the second an L and the third an O.  The other circles were there already.

Here he said he was drawing fire.

I asked him to draw an S and he drew the squiggles I circled in white over and over.  Then he made the "t" shaped thing and I asked if he was drawing a T, but he said "No, its an airplane"  pretty good for his abilities!

Here he just had fun with the chalk.

1 comment: