Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Halloween '12

H-A-double L-O-W-double-E-N spells Halloween! (I think I got Andy hooked on the "danse macabre" song from singing that)

The thing about Graham is that a lot of people live on bigger properties out here.  Apparently they all come to our neighborhood for trick or treat!  There were cars parked allllll along the neighborhood's streets!

We got our first set of people at like 5:15- it was still light out and neither of us would normally be home from work (I got off at 4 today for the holiday though).  We waited for dark and I looked for a costume to wear.  Most of mine are short dresses, which probably wasn't appropriate for kids not to mention it was a little cold out.  I found my brother's old devil cape and decided to be a super hero.  It worked out perfectly because my warm under armor was even superman blue :)

Erik and Destiny came over, we ate a quick dinner, and it was time to go.  Andy was staying back to hand out candy this year, and Destiny was helping me with Sawyer.



Can I just say how awesome my neighborhood is?  Tons of kids everywhere, adults sitting outside drinking beers in lawn chairs, and apparently there was a duel going on with a couple neighbors with their fireworks. The decorations were good, and there were even fog machines. Some of the houses were out of candy by the time we got there.  Sawyer was doing pretty good with the "trick or treat" and "thank you" too.  Our cul-de-sac looked pretty dark since some of the properties are still blank, and even though us, our next door neighbor, and guy across the street were all handing it out, it looked dark so we didn't get the mass of people that the rest of the neighborhood did (thankfully- more for us hehe).  He got a good amount of candy before he started dragging his feet and his bucket got too heavy he made me carry it...even though he insisted he was having fun.  It was about 45 minutes we were out.  We got an ok load though, and of course I bought all my favorites for our bucket so I can eat the extras ;)

I just LOVE Halloween! It is almost 9:30 and we are still getting people (on a school night??).  I miss being young, but it is almost just as fun dressing up and taking your own kids :)

2 comments:

  1. We had a trunk or treat, but it was already swarming by the time we left the neighborhood! I had to do my best to make our house look dark so I wouldn't be out of candy before the party lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Halloween is sooooo fun with little kids! Hectic, but so fun and good. It seems like you really made it a great time for Sawyer! Wish I could have been there too just to tag along and giggle and laugh at Sawyer's darling antics.

    ReplyDelete