Saturday, October 27, 2012

Treat!

Today the complex where I work had a trick-or-treat with most of the businesses.  I invited Ashley and Brea, and she asked Michelle and her daughter (Roselynn?) to come too.  Brea's kitty costume was a bit cold so she wore Sawyer's old monkey one (with a tutu so she was a girl monkey).  We had a lot of fun and it was just the right size for the little kids with 16 stores.  It was a little wet, but was mostly misty.  I loved seeing all the other cute kids wandering around too.  I loved handing out the candy last year from my store, and was excited to take Sawyer this year. He got quite a few candies, and the dental office even gave out Spongebob toothpaste.





Tired monster
We came home and Andy had to go get his car from work in Auburn since he drove the work truck home yesterday to bring Ashley a ladder.  By the time he got home, he had to leave again to go bring his brother to the airport (which apparently included the mall).  We barely got to see him today (he had a headache this morning and had to sleep until we had to leave).  It was already a sad night because there is a big halloween party that included my rugby team and Andy's co-workers and we aren't able to go late with Sawyer (not an appropriate toddler scene in the slightest, and I wouldn't want to stay late anyways in my condition.)  Halloween is my favorite holiday and I wish I could dress up...though I'm sure my costume stash would not work with "the bump" as they are all of a hoochie nature.

I decided to cheer us up by making me and Sawyer a mug brownie (soooo good) but I forgot we didn't have milk so it was not as awesome washing it down with orange Hi-C.  I found the easy recipe after a quick google search and it only took like 3 minutes.  It is very fudgy, but that is how I like it- it tasted like eating brownie batter that is safe for a prego!

If you want to know how to make it, it is just 4 tablespoons each of flour and sugar, and 2 tablespoons each of cocoa powder (the real kind, not the drink mix), canola oil, and water.  Oh and a dash of salt.  I also saw a few people used vanilla which I will try next time.  Zap in the microwave for a minute depending on your microwave, but the middle on the top should still look a little wet.  YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment