Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Snap, crackle, pop

No, I am not eating rice krispies, but I finally visited the chiropractor.

Let's just say it was a long time coming.  I had issues during last fall's rugby season with my middle back, and have been having issues in my lower back when bending over the last spring season.  They both came back in full effect the past couple weeks and it was getting unbearable.  My mom and dad, as well as Erik and Destiny have been singing Dr. Berry's praises forever and encouraged me to go, but I was just nervous and didn't know what the insurance would cover.  I finally made the call (to his office and insurance) and got in that day.

He tugged me all over asking "does this hurt?" and it was always no.  He did realize that my spine is curved to the side though :(   My body's crooked.  I think I got it from dad because he has one leg longer than the other.  He felt my back, and could immediately tell me exactly where it hurt, dead on.  He put me in weird positions to align both locations and he actually laughed when I popped like a hundred times.  I asked, "Do most people pop like that?"  he said, "not usually that much."  Then he said I could probably get back to 100% if I go twice a week for 3-4 weeks. :)

My upper back is not feeling great yet, but for the first time today I bent over and my lower right back didn't hurt.  He must be doing something right!  I'm not sure what I was so nervous about!

No comments:

Post a Comment