Sunday, October 21, 2012

Moving friends and the last soccer game

I guess first I should update on the potty since it is one of the major life events as of now.  I am so proud of my little guy.  He stays nakie (well, grandma makes him wear undies at her house) on the bum whenever we are home or he is at daycare (apart from sleeping).  He goes to his potty by himself and we know if he goes because he will point at it and yell "I did it!"  He has had very few accidents (I think 4 total out of literally dozens of successful uses) and 2 of them were while he was running to his potty to go.  The proud look on his face as he marches his bucket to dump in the toilet is priceless. (Though sometimes he dumps it too aggressively and gets pee on the floor.)  I don't put undies on him because he is not good at pulling them down on his own yet, and I'd rather have him naked than have to sprint to him to help him pull them down whenever I notice him hop on his potty chair.

Saturday we helped my friend Ashley move.  Her husband is deployed to Afghanistan so she needed muscles (like Andy) to help move the big boxes and furniture.  She bought McD's for everyone and it was $67 and they had to bring the food out to us in a box! LOL! I thought the main benefit to buying a new house was getting to pick the colors of cabinets, counters, etc. but apparently it goes beyond that.  They bought a short sale and she has a TON of work to do.  I feel kind of bad that I can't help her do all that painting and cleaning, but the internet says to avoid paint if at all possible...and I don't think it would be a good idea to have her open all the windows in this weather ;)  I am so thankful that all we had to do was literally move in, and anything "wrong" with our house's functionality or appearance we were able to tell the builder and they come fix it for the first year.  He had fun playing with Brea, but I think he liked hitting people with stir sticks even more
These were some of Ashley's friends and they play rough haha


Today we had the Sounders' last home game of the season (besides playoffs.)  We went to Dicks first since it has been awhile- YUM!  We got a close parking spot, no terrible calls, we won 3-1 (so free haircut!) and it was fan appreciation night and our section won free $10 to the concession stands per person (they even gave Sawyer one).  We always sign up for the "designated driver" program each game, which gives you a free beverage as long as you wear a bracelet that says they can't sell you beer.  (At $9/beer I don't see why everyone doesn't do it lol) We ended up with a hot dog, pretzel with cheese, loaded nachos, coke, and 2 hot chocolates for free...and get this...they even gave us $9 worth of cash change because we didn't use all of our voucher money!  The people around us loved playing with Sawyer as usual, and the guy behind us (season ticket buddy) even held him for like 10 minutes while Andy ate his nachos.  It was a ton of fun, and we found out the guy sitting next to us today lives right by us, hah!

Sawyer never looks and my hat is coming off...oops


No comments:

Post a Comment