Wednesday, October 10, 2012

womp womp womp

I don't have any awesome updates, but we went to the doctor yesterday for the 15 week check up (not that it's standard, but you have a first appt at 10-12 weeks, then every 4 weeks.  I think as you get higher it gets to every week, but we never made it that far last time)

Sawyer weighed 31 lbs yesterday.  I don't, nor have I ever looked at the scale.  My doctor will tell me if I gain too fast, so I don't want to depress myself.  Sawyer saw me on the scale and jumped on too.  Next she checked my blood pressure (which I assume is normal now or she would have said something.) Then they bust out the ol' heartbeat machine.  WOMP WOMP WOMP.  As soon as it started making the noise, Sawyer got the biggest smile, then did that open-mouth-super-wide-shocked-smile thing the whole time.  Andy told him it was a baby.  He set him down and he runs over to me and points at my tummy and goes "BABY!"  I was shocked and was like "did you just say that? He never understands when I try to tell him" then Dr. Knowles told him he is going to realize it real soon and is in for a rude awakening ;) Funny!

This is me now (completely full of food btw).  Still look like I've got a beer belly.  You get a peek of a super excited toddler that kept yelling at me "doing mommy?" While I stood on the tub.


In other news, this was the weather today.
  It was foggy and chilly all day!  Fall is here!  It was the first chilly day!  It made me want to go home and put on a sweater, boots, and scarf...but then I remembered how much more comfortable sweats are ;)

I did, however, make a few things today.  Andy had to stay overnight in Burlington again this week and we were on our own.  In spirit of the season, I made some pretty good hot cocoa (dark cocoa powder, sugar, cinnamon, vanilla, milk) then I blasted the heat and made some banana ice cream (freeze banana coins for an hour and a half then blend with other toppings- I used peanut butter, cinnamon, and honey and re-freeze a bit and you have perfect ice cream).  We made a frozen pizza for dinner.  I am so domestic.

We watched Cars (per usual), and yo Gabba Gabba, which Sawyer has cleverly deemed "two Gabbas".  I think he is obsessed with the number two since that is his age.  He always has to point out when there is two of something.  We skyped Andy a little, and are about to skype Grandma in CA.  I'd say I pulled off the day OK :)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the fun computer time tonight with Sawyer. He is growing so fast and I just love his darling facial expressions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I'm like a week and a half behind you and I feel like I look 10 times fatter! Curse of the short torso. So fun though! I love that sawyer says two gabbas hahahaha, so funny.

    ReplyDelete