Thursday, October 11, 2012

An inconvenient poo.

This is a story about how I am convinced that Sawyer is potty trained, but just finds it easier to let us change him.

Last night I set up the bed for Sawyer to sleep since Andy wasn't coming home.  I had the lights off and he just wanted to watch TV.  I convinced him that it was either bed time or he would have to sleep in his crib.  He finally crawled in, got settled, and I turned off the light.  As we were laying there...

"mommy, poop!"

I felt his diaper.  "No you didn't"

"poop mommy!"

*sigh* "Do you want to sit on the potty?"

"Yes."

This is where I point out that he is normally afraid of the big toilet, and never ever goes in his potty. Ever.  He's gone like twice at home and twice at Janelle's.

I pulled off his diaper and held him on our toilet. I held him there for awhile and said "Ok I don't think you're going, all done."  He goes "NOO!" and then forces with all his might the smallest little poo out.  "See?" he says.  "Yes I see.  Are you all done now?"  "no!"  Repeat above.  "See?"  and repeat this process 2 times more.  I know he just did it to put off bed time!  Then I had to give him candies because he knows the only time he gets them is if he uses the potty, and I didn't want to go back on it.  He's such a little manipulator lol!

Funny thing also at bed time.  I found an old binky on the tv stand and gave it to him to be funny.  It was hilarious trying to watch him talk with it because it kept falling out and he looked ridiculous.  He ended up losing it because it fell out and he couldn't find it again lol.

Anyways, we are going to try to potty train him a little this weekend.  There is a method a ton of people have sworn by for ages 18 mo.-28 mo. that you leave them diaperless/pantsless for a few days (3) and they usually catch on by the end of the first day as they end up going on the floor.  You have to keep a close eye on them and as soon as they start you move them to the potty, and if they end up going on the floor, you have to act very disappointed so they know it is wrong (not hard to act disappointed while cleaning stuff out of your carpet I'm sure).  Anyways, we don't exactly have the chance for 3 days so I'm hoping he will learn something after 2 since for the first time, we don't have anything to do this weekend.  The method also includes no diapers for a few months afterwards at home, but I am hoping since he is older he won't have to resort to that.  I am not expecting a miracle, but hopefully he learns something!

No comments:

Post a Comment