Sunday, March 4, 2012

What was I thinkin'?

Yesterday we headed down to Portland at 6:30...mehhhhh.

I arrived feeling, well, not much better.  I hadn't eaten in a few days, and had only managed a banana and a few crackers on the trip down.  I didn't warm up much to conserve energy, but was feeling it soon after the game against Portland started.  Somehow, I managed to last the 40 minutes.  We were playing a "round-robin" and were playing 2 teams for short games.  Even though everyone said "wow, you look like you feel better!" it was not the case haha!  I sat out the second game against Eugene, which was a good decision because my entire (healthy) team was pretty sloppy out there since Eugene had a 40 minute break and we had just finished playing 40 minutes.  We beat Portland but lost to Eugene.  We left right after the game and I had a long nap when I got home!

For some reason I decided it was a good idea to go skiing the next day (after not eating much more and being sore from rugby...what was I thinking?)  The thing was, one of the girls (Brandi) on our rugby team is on vacation for a few weeks and gave her 2 season passes to Crystal Mountain to Leslie.  A day of skiing at Crystal costs $65 so it was kind of hard to pass up a free day- especially since I haven't been to Crystal in years!

We arrived to the clearest skies!  It was super pretty up there and we actually got a lot of runs in (we were there from 9-2) before I decided my legs were going to give way and couldn't take the pain anymore  lol.  The soft snow was really taking a toll on the legs if you went where there was any type of thickness to it.  I do have to admit, I crashed today for the first time in probably 10 years LOL!  As I mentioned, the snow was soft.  You could pretty much shoot straight down and any bumps would flatten...well, unless you go in the shade.  We were on our last run, on the easiest one on the mountain and I thought I'd go over by the trees.  Turns out those bumps were icy solid over there and I lost a ski haha.  It didn't hurt, but my hip bruised my skin apparently because it hurts now to roll over.  Leslie did the EXACT same thing about 30 seconds later lol.  So much for my no-crash streak :(

Anyway, my body hurts from bruises, joints, and muscles.  I guess at least that is a prime example of burning more calories than you take in! :)

One of the views from the top, I think that's Mt. Rainier.

Back to the ol' job tomorrow.  Not too excited!

1 comment: