Sunday, March 18, 2012

I hate posting weekend blogs

Weekend blogs mean the weekend is over.  *le sigh*

We had another full one, but what's new?

Friday we both had a pretty crappy day.  Andy was so late home that I had to go pick up Sawyer (I hate hate hate traffic), get gas (hate hate hate getting gas, Andy normally does that for me), and stop at the ATM to pay Janelle (also hate making stops in rush hour).  We decided to treat ourselves to Indian at Karma.  There was a "dinner for two" we decided to try because it came with a lot of stuff.  Boy was that a good choice.

First came the apps.  They tasted pretty traditional- Andy liked them a lot and Sawyer too.  I thought they were OK.  I almost died after putting a tiny drop of red sauce in my mouth.  Eyes watery, coughing, the whole shebang.
 Then came the meal: chicken curry, a pick from the vegetarian menu (we had the korma), tandoori chicken on vegetables, and naan.  They have such good naan there, I think they flame cook it or something.  It was all so good, but I think that vegetable korma would be on my last meal menu. It had everything in there, potatoes, carrots, peas, broccoli, all in the delicious sauce.
 And guess what, Sawyer liked it!  We ordered everything on a level 1 spice this time haha.
 It came with rice pudding and sugary balls that remind me of the stuff the old lady handed out at the Sikh church for us to eat during the service.  Rice pudding is meh, but it was like the most delicious, refreshing treat after eating spicy foods!
It was a lot of food so we still have a meal left :)

Saturday we woke up to snow. I was worried, but it melted and ended up not too cold!  We had a rugby game at 1:30 against Budd Bay (Olympia).  We had to loan some of our players to them, but all of their players they had were the ones that joined our team last season and they are really good.  I was so proud of us because we still beat them and didn't let them get any good runs in!

I played fly-half for the first half.  Towards the end I got hit with something (shin?, head?) right in my shin so I had a hard time walking the rest of the day. I'm a little sad the bruise that resulted isn't so big, because it still hurts and I have nothing to show for it!  It was a fun game though, my parents, grandparents, and Erik and Destiny came to watch.  A couple people I don't know even came up to me and said I was really good and were like "who is that?" so I felt really good :)

Here is me and Leslie (she had to play for the other team) haha!

Afterwards, I bathed in the parking lot with baby wipes (it was MUDDY).  I put on my rave green (it WAS st. patty's day) and we headed off to the opening game for the SOUNDERS!!!  We did the march to the match, and they won 3-1 (free haircuts!)

I found this sweet alley by Pioneer Square:


We got home and Beany was asleep in his little St. Patrick's shirt on the floor of Grandma and Grandpa's house.
I was so tired, but took the time to ice my leg so it didn't explode in bruise!


Sunday (today), we tried to take it easy a little.  I did 8 loads of laundry and cleaned the car (rugby and ski stuff had completely overwhelmed it- it was a disaster in there).  Andy finished painting the bathroom (YAY!)  And my parents had us over for delicious enchiladas.
My dad had to move the cars around, and Sawyer wasn't letting "Bamba" leave, so he let Sawyer take his first drive.
Destiny and Erik went and got stuff for awesome milkshakes

We came home to work on the house some more.  I wish there was more time on weekends to get more things done and relax, but I guess doing things is what life is about, haha. Back to the old grind tomorrow, boo.

No comments:

Post a Comment