Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Potties

Our downstairs bathroom is usable!  It is painted, the shelf is up, the shower curtain came, the door is back on, the toilet has completely fixed (thanks genius Andy) and I am temporarily satisfied with the gray towel.  They didn't put in a T-P holder though so we have an awkward situation around the toilet with a weird shelf, but I am quite satisfied with how it is now :)  Here is Sawyer cheesin' with his newly found megaphone.


We had a little progress with the other potty as well.  Don't get me wrong, we aren't pressuring or trying to potty train him at all.  We honestly aren't home enough to even do anything.  Today though, he dirtied his diaper, came over to me and tapped me going "pee! pee!" (he actually went #2 but whatevs) then said "potty!" and ran upstairs to his potty and started taking off his pants.  I helped him get naked and he sat there for awhile before I wiped his bum and he helped me flush the TP down.  He was so excited.  He wouldn't leave it so I had to take it downstairs so he could sit for awhile longer until he finally said "all done!"  Even though he told me AFTER he went, I still think it is a good sign he is recognizing it.

2 comments:

  1. #1 LOOOOVE the shower curtain! Where did you get it? I've been planning on making one like that for months but if I can buy it that would be even better!

    #2 (haha) way to go Sawyer! Everett is terrified of his little potty. He won't even sit on it with his clothes on. He actually likes to open the lid and put both feet in the little bowl thingy. Maybe someday he'll figure it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found the shower curtain on amazon after finding a similar one for $80 at urban outfitters. After my credit I had with them I only had to pay $10, woop. Just search "ruffle shower curtain" I think. Sawyer used to stand in it too (I wonder what the thrill is?), but I let him come in the bathroom when I went and he wants to sit on it now lol.

    ReplyDelete