Thursday, March 22, 2012

park n ride

So, I just wanted to post a few pics of the past few days.

My leg bruise is still not obvious, but it hurts. Boo.  Luckily we don't have a game this weekend so I can heal up :)  The light brown blob you can barely see above my ankle up to the dark circle is not a shadow, its the bruise. That dark circle is my scar from last year still lol.

Yesterday, Andy's friend and coworker got stuck in the snow at Crystal Mountain in his propane truck.  Andy, as the salary worker, had to go up and get him out.  He was gone all day from 6am to 10pm!  I ended up taking Beany to the park.  The slides at that park were really steep but I think he liked it.



Today, a guy at Andy's work gave him a radio flyer bike.  It is like a bike with training wheels, but you can't take the trainers off.  It is complete with music sounds, a horn, and turn signals lol!  Sawyer loved it.

We also decided today to actively encourage him to potty train.  I'm going to buy him some undies so he won't ruin our floor, but will know when he pees.  My mom was telling me how we were potty trained by 18 months so it is possible (not to mention people I know were too), and it is probably best to take advantage now while he is very interested in it before he doesn't want to again.

Also (poor kid) we are just going to take away his binkies and put them somewhere he can't see.  He only asks for them when he can see one somewhere, so I don't think it will be too hard- especially because the kids at daycare are all off them.  I think we will wait until after next week though because Janelle is in Texas so her sister is watching him, but Janelle took the boys with her so he has had no friends.  I don't want to traumatize him while he is already sad lol.  He got to skype with them yesterday though and I guess he liked that.

Random hair update: I have actually been spraying apple cider vinegar on my hair in the shower (just the bottom) and it doesn't smell at all once I rinse and dry.  It is actually kind of nuts because it feels grippy in the shower (like how it does when I don't condition) but miraculously I can brush through my wet hair perfectly which is way more than I could say if I didn't condition.  I wonder how that works?  Maybe it is only because I have started looking closely at my hair now, but I also have a lot of highlights in my hair and I haven't highlighted my hair since high school.  One of the two is lightening it I think!

3 comments:

  1. My mom said that I was potty trained by the time I was 19 months... she said that I just wanted to. On the other hand, I have several friends/family members that weren't 'successful' at potty training their kids until they were around 3. It's a pretty big window of time... hopefully Everett will grow out of the potty fright in the next few months so that we can start potty training too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure he will. I read that you should when they are interested, and some kids don't get interested until they are 3...but that sounds expensive...lol. I set sawyer's potty by ours and let him sit there when I went and he didn't mind it. Plus he loves the elmo on it so i think that helped the scare-factor lol. Now he enjoys it, but it kind of came out of nowhere.

    ReplyDelete
  3. just an fyi if you're interested..My sisters kids are OBSESSED with binkys. The only way they could get rid of them is by 'sending them to the monkeys.' They would tell the child that the sad monkeys in the zoo needed them(they'd go and see monkeys at the zoo) and then make a package with all the binkys. Then my mom would send them a package from the monkeys with all sorts of banana candies and fun monkey stuff saying thank you..

    ReplyDelete