Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Smoothie

Today I decided to finally make a smoothie.  I kept reading how people eat them for breakfast to be healthy and what-not, so I had Andy get the ingredients last trip to the store.  I was going to go for one of the "green monster" receipes, but didn't have any fancy seeds or powders, and just ended up throwing in a bunch of extra fruit.

I had: blueberries, strawberries, peaches (all frozen but I thawed them in the fridge overnight), milk, spinach leaves, and a banana.

I swear I took a picture afterwards, but I guess not.  It looked gross with the green, red, and blue together lol.  It made enough to fill 2 coffee travel mugs so I took them to work: breakfast and lunch!

I forgot one minor fact: I don't get full unless I am eating some sort of bread or fat LOL oops. I had one at like 9:30 then was starving again by noon.  I ate some of my frozen cheeseburgers with it.  So much for being healthy hehe.  I guess I got nutrients in though.  It didn't taste bad either :)  Just kind of foamy.

I have been trying to get back to shape after my couple months off.  I didn't gain a ton of weight or anything, but I don't think my endurance is where it was.  I was pretty proud though because last night after a long practice of fitness, she had us to the "moose run" (sprint the width of the field, jog 10, sprint again, etc all the way down and back so it was like a big snake) and I finished 2nd :)  For someone with my shape (short, muscular (heavy) legs built more for sprinting), it was a good accomplishment to not be built for distance lol.

Today was a good food day overall- we got a rotisserie chicken and french bread (my favorite).  Sawyer hasn't been eating much of anything lately- even when he asks for things, but he ate a huge pile of "broccy" and "harrots" and a couple pieces of bread.  I was worried he was getting picky, but I think he just stopped growing so fast.

This weekend I'm in for it- it is fool's fest in Spokane.  Davey and Moraima will be staying at our house with Sawyer.  It is at least 3 games and the altitude there makes you gassed after like 5 minutes. Eek!  I keep reminding myself it made me lose the baby weight though, and I want to be back to tip top shape before we have another little bugger.  Plus, gotta be bikini-ready for the summer! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment