Friday, March 16, 2012

A little update

Here's an update on my new cleansing methods:

I have used said methods for 2 days now.  Let me tell you, it is against nature to rub a handful of oil on your face.  I have done it twice now before bed, and it is actually a little relaxing.  Its like a little massage followed by a steam spa treatment.  If you try it yourself, don't wear a shirt.  I soaked one as the wet cloth dripped.  I was expecting the worst the next morning, but I woke up looking...normal!  I actually went the entire day without getting face oil as usual.  With the stress (ok it isn't that much stress) of work and the day, I usuall could wipe my face mid-day and get a little shine.  I went the entire day looking NORMAL. My eyeshadow wasn't creased as much as usual either.  I think I am a believer.  I will give it a week to see if I break out though, but it is definitely oil-controlling.

My hair looks ok as well.  I have to say that I think my head is a little itchy.  It must be dry.  Maybe if I wash less often it will not be like that, but with rugby I have had mud in there lately.  It is a little tougher to comb my hair because I don't want to put conditioner at the top of my head (since I am trying to eliminate chemicals) but it has been ok at the base where I have been putting a little.  I think it is definitely a money saving method though, as I have only used one tablespoon of baking soda to one cup water the first day, and I am only half way through that first batch.  I just kind of pour it on the top of my head after wetting it and "massage" (though it is just water-looking so there isnt really anything to scrub), then wash it off later in the shower.  Still not willing to try the vinegar.  I heard beer has similar qualities, but it doesn't sound cheap going through a beer in the shower so often.

Update on life:

We have just been doing the same-old.  Work, rugby, dinner, a little TV, and errands seems to bring us our days.  Our bathroom isn't done, but I found shelves at Target at least.

Update on Sawyer:

Sawyer loves his "Cars" toys.  I don't know why we bother to have any other ones.  He just drives Mater and McQueen around all day.  He is really starting to understand his actions more.  He is learning please more (he used it about 5 months ago as a means to get things but didn't know what it meant, just that if he points at something and said "please" he would get it).  He really understands the meeting of sorry.  If he hits or yells, Andy will take him aside and say "NO hitting" and he will walk over to me and give me a hug all sad and say "Horry" without having to ask him. He does the same thing if he hurts you (like accidentally steps on you) and you say "owww" he will go "hurt?"  you tell him "yes" and he will pat you on the head and say "Horry".  He also seems to understand everything now- we can ask him questions "Do you want more?" "Nope. All-done!" or "Do you want to go to bed" "Yeah" or "Will you bring me your jacket and shoes" "Yeah (does)."  He still has an attitude though...wonder where he got that from?  I will have to post a video soon too because he sings "Twinkle Twinkle" so cute complete with motions.

No comments:

Post a Comment