Sunday, March 11, 2012

Saturday's a rugby day

This was a pretty relaxing weekend :)

Apparently to the Tacoma Sirens, Saturday's a rugby day...even if the other team doesn't have numbers and cancels.  So, we played ourselves.  Yep, we have so many new players that we actually had enough numbers to put on a game against ourselves!

It was actually pretty fun.  We played 12 vs 13 (we had 12) the first half and my side still won despite how she tried to even us up.  The second half was 13 vs 15 and they finally scored a little.  I even scored a try :)  It was a good learning experience, especially for the girls that haven't played a game yet.  I got kicked in the face at the end though :( I have a nice scratch by my lip, and the inside of my mouth is cut up from my braces.  My knees are also killing me because they were bleeding at the end for some reason.



Afterwards, we were starving so we went to Crockets Public House downtown Puyallup.  Mmm-mm. It is pretty good and my appetite was huge and I ate the entire plate of my flagship burger.  Sawyer inhaled a half of a tomato, and the nice lady (owner possibly?) brought him a scoop of ice cream for free :)

That night we started painting the downstairs bathroom.  I am going for a light, airy, almost beachy but without the shells feel.  If anyone has any decoration suggestions, please send them my way.  I don't want it very colorful, mainly blue and white but I don't want white towels so I'm stuck.  

Side note: Don't get wood floors if you plan on having children.  You can always put resolve on carpet, but even after monitoring Sawyers toys, he has managed to dent the crap out of our floor in the mere 3 months we've lived here.  Yesterday Andy had the door leaning against the wall and he managed to escape our watch for long enough to knock it over and the handle dented the floor while scratching the wall.





Sunday we started out by relaxing- always nice.  I was getting bored though so we went to find something for the bathroom.  We were hungry so we went to Don's drive-in downtown.  Sawyer was kind of embarrassing because while we were waiting, he kept screaming "BURGER!" all angry because we told him he was getting one but he didn't have it yet.  It is a tiny space so the few people there were staring :/


We had smitty burgers and chili fries.

Sawyer was being adorable and only eating fries after dipping them in tartar sauce.  That's m'boy!

I think he likes ketchup.  

We hit up a couple thrift stores and I was annoyed because the last time I went to the Goodwill on the hill there were about 50 mason jars (I just wanted a few) and we had to go to 3 thrift stores and all we could find was 3 at the very last one.  I DID find this sweet jug with a little handle though.  I temporarily put these purple flowers in it until I find something cool to do with it.



I ended up making these for the bathroom.  I hope you can see them.  I filled mason jars with sand and put flowers and little beachy looking fuzzy flower things in them.  I'll post a picture of the bathroom when it is all done and I figure out what to do.  I have a frilly cream colored shower curtain on the way so I'm trying to keep it white-ish.  


If anyone knows where to find a shelf that you just hang on the wall, let me know.  We have looked all over!  If I leave it on that metal thing, I'm afraid Sawyer will shake them down.


We finished off the night by me making cookies.  I burnt them a little though :/  I feel bad because Andy likes them soft, but I like them a little burnt.  This time was on accident though, oops!  Nothing is better than warm cookies and milk though, even if they are a little over-cooked!



Whew, that was long!  Before I forget I wanted to add this picture of Sawyer playing with his ne-nos. He hooks Mater's tow rope on Lightning McQueen and tows him around just like in the movie, it is so cute.








No comments:

Post a Comment