Monday, January 31, 2011

Teeth all around

So, it has been awhile since I've been to the dentist.  You are supposed to go every 6 months but I failed. It was before we got married, because I was pregnant soon after and I didnt want to go around the xray machine so I didnt go the time I was pregnant.  Now Sawyer is 7 months so yeah....awhile now.

I looked at pictures of me and my teeth are so crooked so I wanted to get invisalign.  I realized I should probably visit the dentist before I go to an orthodontist because if I did go through with it, I should probably get any fillings i need before they figure out the shape of my teeth.  Plus I think they prefer referrals.  I know I will need some fillings/those fillings that aren't for cavities but prevent them because I grind them down and they have been sensitive as of late (past couple weeks) which means I have been grinding more than usual I guess.

I hate the dentist.  I think I get more nervous there than if I were waiting for a doctor to tell me test results.  First of all, they yell at me for not flossing. I DO floss, I just dont push down as hard as they do causing my gums to swell!  Then, there is all that metal.  Most people that know me know that I will not eat with metal silverware at home because I hate metal in my mouth and the feeling of it on teeth.  The dentist is just a bunch of poking at my teeth with metal :( I am also not looking forward to taking Sawyer in there now that he doesn't like sitting still- and I will be walking there (its only like a block away) so I wont be taking his carseat anyway.

Wednesday is the day.  4:00pm.  I booked it sooner so I wouldnt have time to get nervous. I already am :-/

1 comment:

  1. i feel your pain. I hate the dentist too, and they say the same thing to me as well.

    ReplyDelete