Monday, January 10, 2011

Hawks and Teeth

This last Saturday we went to my parents for the football game.  Erik was going back to Pullman the next day so we had meatball sandwiches with them and Destiny's parents (who seem to be a part of the family now lol).  I don't need to comment on that much because I think everyone watched it.  That Lynch run for the touchdown was epic.  It was Sawyer's fault i think :)  We kept yelling at my dad to leave the room because he would leave and something good would happen.  Finally I went up to get Sawyer out of his pack n play (that is where he naps at grandma's house) and the second i brought him in was when that play happened.  Good luck baby.  It definitely woke him up quickly- everyone was screaming lol.  I could feel his heart beating pretty fast lol.  Lately we noticed you can see the bumps of teeth about to pop through and he got a fever for a little bit that night.
This is one of my favorite ones ever! Uncle Erik made him look like a piggie

Grandma scores all the sweet toys at the thrift stores


Uncle Erik and Nephew Beans

Sunday we drove down to Vancouver to get Andy's tooth fixed again.  The chip came out again.  Uncle Ben said this time he used a stronger bonding thing so hopefully it stays.  Book club was after and I didnt read it because it was "i am legend" and that is the only movie i walked out of the theater halfway through because it was both gross and boring but apparently in the book they are vampires, not mutants, and they talk and stuff so maybe i would have liked it more.  Sawyer was not his usual happy self.  He wasnt crying or anything but he would not make a smile all day.
Greek food for book club

Sawyer watching daddy get his tooth fixed
On the ride home, just as we hit this weird mile of extreme snow, Sawyer woke up and started screaming.  We pulled off on an exit and went to a McD's parking lot to feed him.  We found out why he was so angry all day, he was definitely starting to feel the pain of teething.  We tried to feed him (he should have been starving) but he would start to cry and push the bottle to the side of his mouth.  I put some orajel on and rubbed his head in the backseat so he fell asleep the rest of the way home.  We gave him baby food when we got there and he was a happy baby the rest of the night.

Today wasn't very fun for Destiny.  My parents went to get him a little earlier to give her a break.  He just wasnt in a good mood.  When my mom picked me up from work i got in the back seat with him and he was crying.  My mom handed me orajel and tylenol and after a huge glob, he stopped immediately (i only live about 2 minutes from my work so impressive work, orajel).  Andy had his first day of class today, and Monday he has night class too so i was solo that night.  It wasnt much fun- his voice is all raspy and he was whining unless i was holding onto him.  I got him to sleep for awhile though, probably about an hour.  I wish I could help him more but there isnt much i can do.  I put formula powder in his baby food because i dont think he got a lot of nutrition otherwise today not being able to drink a bottle.  Hopefully those suckers pop through soon!  It is my night tonight so i am hoping he is worn out and sleeps all night instead of waking up in pain.  I guess we'll see :-/
Not very happy today

1 comment: