Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Dentist + a car

I survived the dentist! No cavities!  However, they confirmed that my teeth are effed up and I have to go to the orthodontist.  They only get worse and worse if i don't get them straightened out and they can cause damage. :(  I don't want braces, I am hoping invisalign will work for me or something less obvious.
They gave me a little to-go bag as usual, but after hearing Sawyer got teeth, she threw in a penguin toothbrush for him to start using. He likes it.



Right before the dentist, we met with a lady on Craigslist about a car.  We LOVED it- it is in such good shape and looks brand new (even though it is 2 years old).  Right after my appt we went to BECU to see if we could get a loan...approved!  The nice lady is faxing her loan info to BECU tomorrow so they can send her institution a check, and we will be brand new owners of a 2009 Corolla! (Yes, she took care of the recall) I dont have a picture of it (you bet i will when we get it), but it looks exactly like this but she has tinted windows:
It is so roomy while still being small enough to maneuver.  I am SOOO excited- I have never had a car before that was newer than like 10+ years old.  The thing is, she gets about 35mpg so it would make more sense for Andy to drive it usually since he has to go from Lacey to Auburn every day.  Its ok, I love driving the pathfinder too and we will switch off :)  I also like how it is just about the same color as the pathfinder...and it has cloth seats! I hate the leather seats (like the pathfinder) because they are hot in the summer and cold in the winter.  WOOT!  It was exactly what I was looking for and we were so lucky someone in Puyallup was selling the same car/style/color I wanted!  I will be mobile again!

On a negative note, I had to go to Walmart today at 10-11pm.  I hate walmart then because they have boxes and boxes blocking the aisles, and only one checkstand open. UGH.

1 comment: