Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Five Guys experience

I have not posted about the 5 guys trip on Saturday :)

I have heard around the internet (I spend a lot of time on the internet at work, there is only so much to do when there are no customers around) that there was a hamburger place called "five guys" that was said to rival places like In n Out....and beat them.  Knowing how people are about In n Out, I had to find one- and the closest one was at the Renton Landing.

We drove up, and I was pretty impressed with the Landing.  It had a lot of the same stores that we have at Sunrise Village, but it was actually full (our complex has tons of empty stores) so I hope some day ours gets that big someday.  We found 5 guys by the movie theater.

I'll set the scene: packed restaurant, you walk in and there is a big box of peanuts and containers you can scoop them into.  There are shells all over the floors, and bags of potatoes all over the restaurant.  The walls are covered with awards from newspapers and magazines that they have won.  There wasnt a line when we got there, but a long one soon formed after we got there.  The menu is small similar to In n Out or Dicks.  I ordered a cheeseburger and she asked what i wanted on it and pointed to a little menu.  "All toppings are free"  It had everything from ketchup to grilled mushrooms.  I opted for ketchup, mayo, tomato, cheese, and grilled onions.  Also, fries. Andy ordered "everything".  They said a regular fries feeds 2.  We found someone leaving a table and sat down.  There was a little baby girl next to us so Sawyer met a new friend, Riley.  It was so cute, they kept smiling at each other.

Andy came back with our brown paper bag, aluminum foil wrapped hamburgers, and a cup full of fries, with about another cup's worth overflowed in the bag.  They have potatoes back there they just cut up and straight into the fryer.  I unwrapped my burger and tried to keep everything in, it was huge- the normal ones are double cheeseburgers apparently.  I took a bite and it pretty much melted in my mouth- best hamburger ever!  The fries were pretty good too!  It definitely owns in n out and Dicks (though as andy points out, you can't customize burgers at Dicks at all- they dont even let you say "no onions")

I am super excited i found this place, it was about 30-45 minutes away, but definitely worth it to me! It wasnt expensive either. New favorite place!


1 comment:

  1. I think I'm going to have to go there... that sounds delicious! I love me a good burger!

    ReplyDelete