Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

I feel like I'm over the party thing.  Maybe in a couple years we will leave the baby with a sitter and go out, but as for now I feel like there's no better way to start the new year than with the family I will spend it with :)

Sawyer had fallen asleep at like 11, but we had to get him for the countdown.  I know, it's mean to wake up a sleeping baby, but this was important.  Our New Year's kiss this year were planted on our favorite little 6 month old man :) Here we are watching the space needle:


Ahh! I love my little family and I can't for things to come. And yes, my dad finally mounted the TV after like 3 years. The cords coming out are for the xbox because we spent more time kinect-ing. After this we went outside and caught some neighbors with fireworks which Sawyer seemed really impressed with.

This past year has been a good one.  We went on a few vacations, we moved into our first place with just us (we still love our roomies we've had) our little man was born (early but healthy and quickly- so perfect), i got 3 months off work (okay that was actually really boring doing nothing all day, but it is nice to relax for awhile), we get to watch Sawyer grow, somehow got the best baby in the world that knows when to sleep and doesnt cry unless he's hungry, Andy is still the best husband ever and leaves me bagels and apples every day for breakfast and cooks dinner since i hate cooking and still opens my car door for me (if i dont sneak in while sawyer is getting loaded in), we both had jobs the whole year in a crappy economy, I got 3 raises (so what if the union requires them lol), Andy got back in school and got good grades while still being an excellent worker and father, the weather was great with warmth starting in February, the summer not getting too hot for too long, and just enough snow to not be too much...phew. There is so much more that was good about this year, and I'm glad cameras were invented.

I am also really excited for this new year, but it will be sure to come with ups and downs.  Sawyer will grow and get more of a personality and be able to communicate better with us which is exciting. I can't wait until he turns one!  We have an awesome road trip (i love riding in cars- we used to take tons of drives on the weekends) planned for March, and I get to do my dream of mentoring with a great photographer.  We can go camping a lot because our baby won't be brand new.  However, we realized that in order to get the kids within 2 years of each other so they can go to school at the same place, we have to get prego at least by the end of the summer which is kind of a bummer because the only thing awesome about being prego (besides the baby at the end that wouldn't be there until next year) is the free food we got at restaurants (for the baby) and preferential bathroom treatment.  I have a feeling this next one wont go so smoothly as Sawyer was.  I have a theory though that i had zero stress and not really sick or anything and that is why Sawyer is such an easy going baby.  Lets hope it stays that way for #2 lol.  I am excited to see how things go though.

Happy 2011 everyone!

I will leave you with a funny picture of Sawer in the bath last night, and in his high chair sucking on a banana in his mesh thing.  He had a monster blow out and grandma had to give him a bath while I cleaned off everything, and aunt Destiny cleaned the carpet.  He did not enjoy the bath, and looked really concerned the whole time- he did enjoy looking at himself in the mirror after though. .


3 comments:

  1. Amy, I LOVE this post!! You are soooooooooooooooooooooooo cute! I love how you mentioned your adorable little family and sweet hubby! I love you guys! I feel so blessed that we have the 3 of you in our lives! I still remember our little walk when Sawyer was just a little wee guy! So Fun!
    Your post made me smile so much! I look forward to hearing when my next little great nephew is on his way!! Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you liked the green shirts! I could only get something green for Sawyer, cuz I wanted you all to match. I love matching families! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. btw...Sawyer's Uncle Davey was allergic to bananas until he was about 3 years old, and would have major "blow outs" after eating them. Don't know if that is related or not, but thought I'd mentions it.

    ReplyDelete