Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Ultrasound

We did it!  We made it through the ultrasound!  I thought I was going to throw up all day I was so nervous there would be parts missing.  Though the radiologist still goes over everything later, the u/s tech didn't seem concerned about anything, phew!

Sawyer was adorable.  Andy was holding him and he kept saying "baby okay."  Yes, the baby is ok.  Then he fell asleep after about 15 minutes.

Baby was very cooperative and got in all the right positions.  I had to turn on my side for the profile shot though, but I'm glad it worked since that is more for "fun" so if they didn't get the shot, they wouldn't need us back.  Baby measured a week early actually, and she estimated the due date to be March 26th instead of early April.  I guess we grow them quick around here.  I was hoping to have another early one since those last weeks just suck lol.

While she was doing the legs, me and Andy totally saw a little peen.  When she asked if we wanted to know, I think we didn't have much of a choice since we already saw it lol!  We weren't 100% though since we aren't pros.  She went back to look and said "I think that's a boy" as it flashed a little on the screen.  I said "think?  we need a little more to go off than that!"  but later on we got a better look at what was indeed, his little wiener.  We are so excited, and Andy totally called that one.  I think little brothers are so cute (well I think 3 little brothers are the cutest, but not sure I can go for another).  I can't wait to dress them alike ;)  I am SUPER relieved we don't have to buy anything else. With our schedules, a lot of preparation isn't always possible.  Sawyer's room wasn't even started until he was over a month old and I was home all day doing nothing and could work on it.

Since little dude was so cooperative on the side, she even pulled out the 3D ultrasound machine...which I would never waste money on and makes them look super creepy but when she did it, he totally looks like infant Sawyer.

Here are our brief videos and pictures.

Here he is trying to wave

Here he is talking to us

And here are some sort of hiccups





Warning: these ones are creepy and are what the computer estimates him to look like.  The blobby ones are because he was so wiggly.  He is only 13 ounces so its mainly just skin and bones at this point.


He was pretty wiggly for this one, but I liked the hand positions



4 comments:

  1. That is so awesome! The pictures are adorable

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a miracle to be able to see "the miracle of new life" these pics are just amazing to me! This makes me so excited! Thanks for sharing Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations you guys!!! That is SO exciting! Sawyer will be such a good big brother :) And it is AWESOME to have what you need already! I had that with Adelaide and it was a huge relief :) So excited for you!

    ReplyDelete