Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Big week

This week has been pretty busy so far.

Yesterday, we got up early because someone was coming to my store to do inventory with me from Olympia.  I think Sawyer was tired because when I went to pick him up at my mom's, he brought me a pillow and blanket and said "sleepy" all sad.  I felt bad because I knew we had to leave soon, but I let him lay down.

  I had a chiro appointment and let him play with Mack on the floor.  I turned around and he had laid down in the middle of the lobby area floor and fell asleep!  When he falls asleep, he falls HARD.  I had a lovely time trying to manage a 30 pound rag doll off the floor after just getting adjusted :/

We got home and the election coverage had started since the east coast is 3 hours ahead.  We just love that stuff in our home.  We would get so excited seeing the clock count down to another polling close time where CNN could make more projections.  We would also jump up every time they announced a surprise projection in the middle of the hour and we'd try to guess which state it was.  We celebrated when they announced our state (famous for a minute!)  I was hoping it wouldn't be a long night since we woke up early, and had an even earlier morning the next day.  We were pleased to see the swing states were counted pretty quickly and got excited each projection in hopes it was one of them.  Finally, the time came!  They announced a projection, and suddenly it was for president!  They announced that Obama had been projected to win Ohio!  Andy started cheering and Sawyer started dancing, it was adorable.  Not long after, his opposer, Mitt Romney, had conceded.  I really think the republican party will need to change its stance on social issues to fit the modern times in society if they plan to win any elections coming. We switched to the local channels, and found that Jay Inslee was ahead of Rob McKenna at 51%/48% legalizing marijuana was (surprisingly to me) approved by quite a big gap (55%/45%), legalizing gay marriage was approving by a smaller gap than I'd hoped at 52%/48% and it looked like charter schools would be approved at 51%/49%.  There are a bunch of other tax and stuff ones but they weren't the huge ones I was concerned about.  For like the first time ever, all of my votes matched the majority so that was a successful election for me.  By 11:00pm Obama had made his victory speech and we hit the sack, super tired.

This morning we all woke up in the 5:00 region (yuck) which was really hard.  I have been SUPER tired lately, and even 8-10 hours a night has left me falling asleep mid-day.  6 hours was not cutting it.  Andy was awesome and drove me to our Gig Harbor store because I had to count their inventory.  He just planned to work in the car while me and Sawyer went inside.  Sawyer was awesome, Andy went off and conducted an interview (he found out the guy lived in Gig Harbor so saved the guy the drive and had him meet him while I was busy) and we were on the way back by like 9-ish.  It was beautiful driving over the bridge this morning (better be for $5- luckily I'll get reimbursed for tolls).

The good thing about clocking in at 6 is that I was off at 2.  I picked up Sawyer, went home, turned on Cars, and slept for a couple (much needed) hours on the couch while he watched.  I am so glad Sawyer is at the stage he can behave and knows what he is allowed and not allowed to do so I don't have to worry if I need to take a shower, nap, etc.

The full week continues tomorrow when I have to go to court for my friend's custody trial, and we have a dr. appointment. Friday is another chiro appointment and ordering Christmas cards.  The good thing about staying busy, is that time passes quickly, which is good when you have big events coming up!

No comments:

Post a Comment