Monday, November 26, 2012

Ho Ho Ho

I feel weird doing so much Christmas stuff when it is still fall for another month, but I guess that happens every year.  The atmosphere just feels like fall still.  I think it is the fact that time has been flying lately that makes me hesitant.  I still haven't put up the Christmas decor, but it should be up by next weekend.

We have been doing Christmas things lately, in the name of deals.  Today we got the Santa pictures done.  They are cheaper if you buy them in the month of November.  He is still terrified of him, but as with last year and his mocha bear, we were able to distract him with this year's favorite toy, Mack from Cars.  We already had the Christmas pajamas tradition, but we might have to move to favorite toy too lol.



We are really done with Sawyer for Christmas now, thanks to online deals.  We really did well with black friday and cyber monday combined.  I thought we were done when we ordered from kohls.  We got two $60 toys for $21, one $60 toy for $16, and a $50 toy for $16.  We got him a cute hooded frog towel regularly $30 for a low price of $6.80, and 3 sets of pj's regularly $22 for $7.50 each.  I was sure we were done when we took a trip to the Disney store yesterday.  We found a complete set of Cars, even the little characters from the movies, and they were slightly bigger than the normal cars we buy.  I knew we were going to buy them, Sawyer loved them so much.  My heart was breaking when we had to tell him he couldn't have it.  He didn't even get mad, he was just really sad and kept saying "but I want it" in the saddest voice you can imagine.  The problem were they were $120 which made me hesitate.  I found codes for cyber monday on my coupon site, and texted Andy what I found.   Turns out they were already marked down for today, and adding my code it brought it to $73!  Boom!  He needed a couple more dollars to get free shipping, so nabbed a "Red" firetruck from the movie originally $6.50 for $3.50.  I can't believe the deals, we got $453 worth of stuff for $180!  Sawyer is going to freak out on Christmas, I can't wait!!!!!!!

Oh, and I will end with another funny Sawyer quote.  As we were leaving the mall today, he saw the "macy's" sign.  He goes "M-O-C-Y-S spells STORE!"  At least he gets the idea lol. (The lower case "a" in Macy's looks kind of like an "o" if you were confused)

No comments:

Post a Comment