Monday, November 12, 2012

EEEEk!

There are a few things to eek about now.  I just saw in the news that if you get the flu during pregnancy, a recent study shows it is linked to DOUBLING the risk of autism for the baby.  I hope when I was sick that it didn't affect the little fetus :(  I just got a flu shot, so hopefully it will help with the bugs this season.  There is a 1% chance of a baby born with autism regularly, 2% if mother had the flu, and up to 3% if they had a fever for 7 days.

Tomorrow is our ultrasound which is another eek.  I get so nervous.  I am afraid they are going to find things wrong every appointment, and this is the one where they analyze the growth with pictures instead of just a heartbeat and uterus measurement.  The plus side is we will get to find out tiny Monson's gender.  Andy's guessing boy.  I'm guessing girl.  Andy wants girl.  I want a human.  I am so curious!  I know so many people that KNEW they were having a certain gender to the point they bought them clothes or bet money and were wrong (though I know just as many that were right, making it obviously the 50/50 odds already) so I am taking any guesses with a grain of salt.  I was right with Sawyer, but then again, the odds are good at 50% haha.  I'm glad I bugged them to make the appointment a few weeks ago.  Otherwise I think we'd be waiting a while since our last appointment was only last Thursday.

I also wanted to post that Megan and Andrew came up for the Utah/Washington game so we got to go out to dinner with them yesterday.  We met them in the middle at Bellevue Square which was awesome because we ate my favorite, Red Robin, then walked across the sidewalk to get my favorite dessert, banana cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory.  We love visiting with them and always get the latest Utah gossip lol.

So, I'll be back tomorrow with the ultrasound news :/

1 comment: