Friday, August 31, 2012

The darnedest things

I posted this on FB, but wanted to get it to save forever on the blog :)


We were talking at work about how excited we were for fall.  Sweaters, crisp air that smells like the pretty changing leaves everywhere, pumpkins (and pumpkin spice lattes), scarves, the colors... *sigh* it is all our favorite season and we are all over summer. Some of us over the heat, and some of us (me) over the over-use of air conditioners to make rooms an uncomfortable 65 degrees (seriously- I blame my cold on that).  I thought of decorations for fall and Halloween (my favorite holiday) and realized this is probably the last year I can dress Sawyer in something adorable and fluffy of my choice.

On the drive home, I decided to make conversation with Sawyer and tell him about Halloween- how you get to dress up in a costume and get candy.  I asked him if he could dress up and be anything in the world, what would he be?

His response?  "Ummmmm.....chocolate milk"


It is so funny what comes out of that guy's mouth sometimes!  Sometimes he is such a know-it-all too.  Today a leaf fell on him (fall's coming!) and flew under the truck.  He goes "OH NO!"  I said "Uh-oh, did the leaf go under the car?"  He goes, "Truck." Matter-of-factly.  My bad!  One of his favorite things to say is "Right." Like we didn't know what we were asking him.  Example: "Is this the letter A?" He will go "Right. A" (BTW he knows all the letters now except thinks J's are L's. and V and U are still both the letter "View", but can see words and say the letters quickly now)

Today he was watching little Einsteins (his most recent obsession) and has to call me to tell me about the tom-mom-mus (hippopotamus) and  ee-neh-nus (rhinoceros).    He is trying so hard at sentences too and it is adorable.  Today I asked what he did all day (he used to not answer) and he says "Eli. Outside. Fun. LJ outside too."

I think I'm going to miss all these little attempts, but I suppose the more he can say the more funnies we will get.

2 comments:

  1. The other night when we were on Readeo together I noticed how much he is advancing in his speaking skills. These are the best days, this is one of the benefits of a two year old, just learning new things every minute of every day! I just giggle at his darling little antics. Do you have any more weddings coming up in NJ so I can come and tend him? haha Seriously, I crave being with that little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, you can just come without a wedding!

    ReplyDelete