Sunday, August 12, 2012

Stars and tacos

Last night was a peak night for the yearly big meteor shower.  It was supposed to peak between 11pm-3am so we headed out around 11:30.  There is an LDS church out in the boonies past Graham Kapowsin High School (Sawyer's future school) and we thought there might be a field there.  We went to the back of the parking lot and we were in luck! It was even fenced to keep critters to a minimum.

It wasn't the best meteor shower experience I've ever had (where there was literally one per second) but it was not bad at all!  There was probably one every minute.  I'm sure if we went farther out we would be able to see more since the lights of Puyallup were still to the north, but we had Sawyer and it was late, and we didn't want to have to trespass.  It was nice because we were alone and could talk, and Sawyer fell asleep the second we put him down and covered him up.  I was still afraid of critters though, but luckily we just saw a few low-flying bats and that was it.

Today we lounged around and Andy made the best fish tacos ever!  He made everything from scratch too (including the tartar) and it was BOMB!  I am impressed with his cooking on a daily basis!  he even used ingredients from our farm share like tomatoes and cabbage.


That's what he cooked the fish in
It was nice to do nothing all day but catch up on my missed ABC Family shows, and I don't feel guilty because I only work a day and a half this week because it is our anniversary!

I just want to add this picture of Sawyer with a popsicle at my parent's house because it cracked me up! My dad said it looked like it was 3 feet long.



No comments:

Post a Comment