Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Flashback

Yesterday was awesome.  First off, I got off work at 11:30!  Andy and I were both invited to be on a former student leader panel at Pierce College (where we met).  I remember sitting in the same room listening to the former leaders give us advice 5 years ago, and hoped that could be me someday.  We got free lunch (tacos and dessert) and got to shed some light on what to expect in the coming year.  Andy was excited because his friend Sean (he was president Andy's first year) was there and we got to sit by him.  They have quite a variety of people this year, even a guy that is pretty old but was awesome and asked some of the best questions.  It was so weird being back in the MPR (multipurpose room- we abbreviated EVERYTHING in student programs) and it felt like I never left...even though we were married and had a 2 year old in tow!

I am so proud of what we accomplished in Student Programs.  We practically built the HEC (on-campus gym- you can even find our names on a plaque), went through hours (and hours, and hours and hours) of leadership training, finding out about our own personalities and how we fit into groups in order to better work with others, chaired committees (one I chaired allocated like 2 million dollars around the campus), and planned tons of fun and educational events for the students.  I miss being there and I'm glad we kept in touch with the friends we made that year.

Later that day we got to see our newest friends from the rugby team at a team meeting.  It was definitely good to see everyone again.  We pretty much just talked about recruiting and fundraising.  While practice was going on, Sawyer played on the playground.  He wanted to go up to the slide the hard way, and I was so proud at how determined he was.  He failed a few times, but he finally made it up.  Once he did it once, he got it every time!



When we got home, Andy made AWESOME banana bread and I had a root beer float.  Perfect day!

1 comment:

  1. Ah, SP. . . good times, for the most part haha Glad you guys are still able to participate!

    ReplyDelete