Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Some attempt at relief, and Sawyer scores

Today was the longest day ever!  Everyone at work finally noticed my hacking (as much as I tried to hide it.)  My awesome manager Chantal actually went home and got me some tea to try to help!  I am not a tea drinker, but I can't taste much today so I thought it couldn't hurt.  It was cool because she has the tea maker thing that you fill with the different leaves (she picked them based on what was wrong with me) and you just sit it in there for 5 minutes.  I looked at the leaves she dumped out and it looked like there were flower petals and stuff in there, it was cool!  Like I said, I can't taste much, but what I did taste didn't even have that tea flavor that I'm not so fond of, it was more like a mild cranberry-ish sweet flavor.  She brought me a lemon too and I dumped most of that in there so it was a bit sour.  I think it worked though because I didn't cough too bad for the rest of work.





She let me go home a little early since we were dead, I was bored, and I wanted to go to the walk-in clinic to see if they had any advice for good natural remedies.  The doctor was an advocate for homeopathic remedies and told me to go get some "spongia".  Homeopathic remedies are funny because they come in little chapstick-looking containers.  You spin the "lid" around until you get about 4 pellets out, then dump them straight under your tongue without touching them with any other body part.  They dissolve under there.  Hopefully that helps tonight so I can actually sleep, but Andy got me some honey and Ricola drops for good measure.  I read a few places that honey has proven to work better than cough syrups so I am hoping that is the case and I won't wake up gagging at 4am again!

I also got home to some great news that Sawyer did AWESOME at soccer today!  He did the drills right and stuck with them!  Here he is kicking a goal!

No comments:

Post a Comment