Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Dang bill

Don't you love when you get a call saying you haven't paid your bill you never received?

Me neither.


Today the doctor called saying we owe $360.  We never received the bills. I was also confused because we never paid for visits in the past.  Apparently only the regular check ups are free, and in the past when we went to "other" visits, we had already reached our max or something.  (Probably because of Sawyer's croup.) Andy, Sawyer, and I all went in when we had the flu, and they both had tests done for whooping cough and flu.  Apparently how it works is yearly it starts over.  You pay most of the price up to $500, then once you've paid that, you pay 10% until you reach $1000.  After $1000 you don't have to pay anything no matter what.  I guess that explains why Sawyer's $40,000 surgery was free- we had already paid the doctor for visits, the doctor for delivery, and the hospital for having him that year and it must have added up to the $1,000 already.  It makes sense I guess, but I am annoyed I thought they were free and now we owe them.  Their darn info packet is so confusing though!  I just didn't get why a 10-minute visit for them, and a 10-minute visit for me cost the same amount I paid the hospital to have Sawyer which included constant care, food, and a 3 day stay for both of us!

I guess I am grateful I have insurance at all and we both have great jobs that we can pay the bills. We also found out today that Andy's work is paying him $50 a month because he isn't using their benefits...and that means it is pretty much paying his insurance through mine haha.

I am also grateful that they are so nice at Sound Family Medicine (and the lady at my insurance that was so patient and explained it) when I told them I had no idea it costed me money they offered to split it up to 5 months of payments so it was no big deal at all.

Speaking of bills, WE ONLY HAVE ONE MORE ORTHODONTIC PAYMENT!!!  Hellooooo extra $300 a month!  (And goodbye extra $300 as we put you into other payments like the cars to pay them off sooner.  See how responsible we are?)

Oh how I miss the days of high school where half my paycheck went into the savings account and the other half went into gas, clothes, and fun food.  Though I do enjoy having a nice house, new cars, and a cute little boy, even if he gets sick sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment