Thursday, February 17, 2011

The big 2-4

A few things happened since the last blog.  One is, I turned 24....whoa.  I feel so old, not because I am 24, but the fact that people I grew up with that were 4 years younger (a big difference back then) are now 20. Weird.  We went with family and friends to the Old Spaghetti Factory.  It was pretty fun :) I got some gift cards, a cute headband, wall decals, and rugby gear, which leads me to my next post.

Yesterday, the morning after deciding I wasn't going to play co-ed indoor soccer anymore, a friend of mine wished me happy birthday and mentioned her rugby team needed people.  I mentioned it to Andy, and I later came home to a new rugby ball and mouthguard.  My friend was on vacation and I was going to wait until she got back to try it out, but the first game was next Saturday and if I waited for her, I would only have been to one practice instead of 3.  Tonight was my first night.  They took 4 of us noobs aside to teach us stuff (the other noobs had already been to a few practices).  We learned passing, rucking, tackling, and scruming (not sure if it is proper to put "ing" at the end of any of those but just go with it).  I got to practice being a "hooker" in a scrum which was pretty fun.  It is really intense though and there are a lot of big girls.  Kind of frightening, but they were all nice.  It is still really awkward though because I don't know any of them and they all go out afterwards which isnt so appealing to a mother and wife but we will see how it goes.  A lot of them started out new so they are understanding.  Andy is really jealous, yet proud he says.  I got quite a workout and I didnt even do much (we didnt even have conditioning) so 2 practices and a game every week should maybe trim me up a tad.  We will see how it goes I guess.  I am excited to be trying a new and "different" sport after doing so many "regular" ones.  I can't wait for it to be light out because they had like 2 lights they propped up for the entire field of both mens and women's teams so it is hard to see lol

Photo courtesy of Jake and Tyrell

3 comments:

  1. This is the order of my feelings: proud, excited, jealous haha
    -Andrew

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Amy!!! And I think its AWESOME that you are so into sports. I hate getting hurt too much, so I avoid group activities lol... probably lame of me... but I can't get over it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I was 24! LOL I swear once you hit 22, life starts to go by so much faster and you start to feel old

    ReplyDelete