Sunday, February 6, 2011

Vancouver

Friday we went to the old cannery to try to find a couch before heading to my friend Ashley's birthday at Red Robin.  The old cannery is so funny and here is Sawyer with a cow statue.


We went down to Vancouver yesterday morning in the new car.  We had to leave at 6:45! Andy's cousin Margot was getting baptized at 9.  There were little kids singing, and Margot's mom (aunt Kelly) and older sisters (Nina and Daphne) sang a song and she got so into the song, it was so cute!  I love when little kids sing, especially high notes. Andy and Sawyer dressed the same in blue & white striped shirts and gray vests :)

We headed to the outlets past portland while Andy's aunt Karla watched Sawyer, and I got a new ski/winter jacket at the Northface for only $99.99 hehe no tax in Oregon :) and picked a few things at Carters for Beans that I had been eyeballing from my emails from them.

We got back to the Bickmores' house for book club.  The book took place in Russia so we had Russian Sweet Bread, turkey, and borscht.  I had never had borscht, but my mom told me stories of how she would try to get rid of it when she was younger because her side of the family is ukranian so they used to have to eat it sometimes.  It wasnt too bad, but I only ate like one bite.  Maddie said it was "like a garden in your mouth" lol. Sawyer ate his mum mums and a carrot. It was cool because Andy's grandparents were there this time too.


The book was Enchantment by Orson Scott Card.  It was my turn to pick the book so I am taking a gamble picking Hilary Duff's new book, Elixir.  I haven't read it but the reviews said it was ok so hopefully it is!

We got back late but went to Erik and Destiny's because my brother was in town and we were dropping off bins to collect more clothes from Cooper, and drop off old ones that don't fit anymore.  Cooper might go back next month :( :( :( so we might not get any clothes after that, and it will be weird!  We are so lucky Sawyer had a cousin that was a few months older than him- it saved us so much money.  Sawyer got a bath and put on one of the new outfits from carters- pajamas that say "mommy's monster".  They are so cute, but are more "big boy pajamas"- he is getting big so fast!





No comments:

Post a Comment