Sunday, February 20, 2011

Shoulda been a cowboy...

Andy has a friend from St. Martin's (Meghan) from Montana. She brought her horse Mouse to WA and just keeps her in a stable about 20 minutes away.  Meghan invited me and Andy to go ride Mouse for a birthday/valentine's present.  It was so fun!  Andy went first and Mouse didn't like him.  She isn't used to the weight and a guy not really knowing what he was doing.  When Andy finally got her going, she decided to take off and almost brush him off against the wall.  Andy didnt know how to stop so only right before hitting a wall we yelled "PULL BACK!" so he was saved.  It was the funniest thing after we realized he was safe.  I went next and was pro (probably because I am a lot closer to Meghan's size).  I rode her around and got her to put her head down and do circles and trot.  Afterwards Andy got to give her oats and got "horse goo" all over his hands.



This is when she took off, check out Andy's face HAHA








6 comments:

  1. ahhh, this makes me a little sad that my poor son didn't know how to handle a horse. Guess he couldn't remember what he learned w/Grandpa Cox, why not Andy? It's only been about 25 years ago! Amy you look gorgeous, and like a regular "cowgirl" lol. Plus, Sam and I really like Sawyer's shirt! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. COOL PICTURES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Because it is a reining (sp?) horse and follows different commands and has a different bit and bridle and does tricks and just didn't like me haha. I WAS pulling up on the reins but you're supposed to stick your feet out and away from her and she'll stop on a dime but I didn't know that and I finally pulled up really hard and she finally stopped...maybe because we were about to plow through a wall lol. She was not as sweet as Old Buck for sure! It was still pretty awesome though haha
    -Andrew

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pictures are amazing...(as always!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. No horse is as sweet as Old Buck. lol Reining horses are WAY different to ride. I have ridden my whole life and our two reining horses still get the best of me sometimes. At least Amy got pictures so we could all enjoy the moment of Andy's runaway. lol

    Glad you had fun! You can ride here if you want when you come. Kash and Kadence rides our horses all over.

    ReplyDelete
  6. HA! See Mom?? Even Nicole has a hard time with reining horses lol

    ReplyDelete