Saturday, February 26, 2011

Proud mama

I always get so excited whenever Sawyer does something new, as I would assume all mothers do.  He is still not crawling the normal way (just scooting like a champ) but he has started pushing up into the complete yoga "downward dog" stance all the time (google image search if you don't know what that is haha) and moving his feet or donkey kicking.  It is so funny because he just wont move his hands.

Today, he did 2 things I am proud of though.  First, he crawled himself up the front of his toy into a completely standing position by himself.  It was leaning against the wall/heater so it didnt push backward.  He usually crawls up me and i move my hands to where it is convenient for him, but this is the first time he stood up alone and we were nowhere near him.  Then after awhile he fell sideways off it and hit his head on the heater, causing me to nearly burst into tears with him :(  He is such a trooper, whenever he gets hurt he will cry at first, but as soon as the pain is gone, he is completely fine.  I think I was upset longer than he was!

Tonight, Andy put him on the other side of the toy standing up and holding the handles for the walker side of it.  To our surprise, he started walking with it.  Not well, but he will take a step or two, then lean forward and just as we are about to reach out and grab him because it looks like he will lose balance, he will walk himself straight up again!  I was so proud! I know he isn't walking on his own, but to see him walking at all without me pulling him around made us so excited!

Here is a picture of him walking with it:

2 comments:

  1. Yay! That is so exciting! He has got the cutest little grin :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's crazy how proud our kids can make us!
    Yay for Sawyer!

    Dear Sawyer, please don't start walking before Everett. He will be so sad.
    Love, Tyrell

    ReplyDelete