Monday, December 13, 2010

Santa!

I went to the mall's website Saturday night to see when Santa would be there.  My plan was to go later when all the little kids would normally be asleep so the line is smaller.  The website just said "pictures with santa these dates:" but had no hours.  We got there about 8:30 and Santa left at 8!!! I was so mad! He looked all cute and everything. We went the next morning and the line was to the Macy's door.  It doesnt look like it was too long but it was about 40 minutes before we saw the "Santa leaves for lunch in 65 minutes" screen. We slowly got closer as the time went down.  We finally made it to the front with about 10 minutes to spare.  Just then Sawyer looked sleepier than I had ever seen him.  "He's going to take an ugly picture Andy!" Longest line of my life, for like one minute with Santa.  Andy played around with him for awhile to get him excited again.  Sawyer will smile at you when you smile at him, but the guy had this flashy ball on a stick that he tried to get him to smile with.  He would bring it to him, Sawyer would grab it, then he would take it up to try to get him to look where the camera is, but Beany would just get confused as to why the man would give him a toy then take it away.  He looked super sleepy in like 4 pictures.  Finally the guy realized you just smile at him and we got a few good ones :)

Here is sleepy man in line (bib to keep spit off his clothes)

Smiley man
We then had to hit the road to get Andy's chipped tooth fixed in Vancouver.  His uncle Ben fixed it for him while me and Sawyer played in the chair.




Afterwards, we caught about 45 minutes of Book club. We havent been able to make it in awhile :(

Book club meal
We rushed back so I could make it to part of my work Christmas party.  It was just at the karaoke bar at Forbidden City downtown.  Kind of fun, but no pictures lol.

Definitely a busy day!!!

3 comments:

  1. That picture with Santa is the GREATEST PICTURE EVER!!! Well worth the wait it looks like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never seen a santa picture that cute! Well worth it I would say!!! He is freaking adorable!!! You know they say babies that smile at you when you smile at them means they have a happy home. I have learned that several times over the years when I was working with foster kids. You guys are good parents. :)

    ReplyDelete