Saturday, December 4, 2010

Oh, Christmas tree

When I was little we used to get our trees the real way- head up to the mountains, stop at the ranger station to get a permit, and hike through the snow to find one.  As the years went by and drivers got dumber and dumber, we stopped because it was getting unsafe with all the cars sliding around and the traffic jams.  We went to the tree farms, then eventually just bought them at McLendon's Hardware.

Last year, Andy and I bought ours from a family in Orting with a small lot off the side of the road.  I still felt like a fraud, but I was ok with helping a family's small business.

This year, I wanted one the real way.  My manager had just gone last weekend and said there was snow up to her waist. Ugh. I didnt want to take sawyer in the balding tires of the pathfinder to wade through waist-deep snow.  We decided to get one the next step down, tree farm.

We planned to go down Shaw, then through the valley through Sumner and Orting and keep going until we found a good farm.  Turns out, we liked the one on Shaw.  It was an old man and his grandkid (or great-grandkid) at the building, and I liked the tree choices.

Here is how it went:



What's this???


Just my size!



Yep, this is the one!

Add caption

Sawyer sawed it all by himself- they call him Sawyer for a reason

Big strong man carried the tree down to the car



Tying it up! (LOOOOOVE the sun flares on this)

1 comment:

  1. so cute!! i love the one with sawyer and the tree that is just his size!!
    thanks for going to dinner tonight!!

    ReplyDelete