Monday, December 20, 2010

A good turnaround

Andy and I both had the worst mornings.  I realized when it was too late last night that we probably opened early the next morning so I couldnt change when i dropped Beany off.  I woke up to Sawyer having peed through everything when i had planned on just keeping him in his jammies.  I then found out the other girl opening doesn't have a key so i had to go give her a key to get into the store when her shift started at 8:30. My shift was supposed to start at 8 but i had planned for 9.  I had to wait for Destiny and Erik to get back from dropping cooper off at 8:45 so i had to go to at&t to give the key to Natalie, then go drop Sawyer off by the graveyard (of course there was an accident in the main intersection by the mall to delay even more.) Then i got back and called the Dr. and they said I should go to the same-day clinic since there werent appt openings for a long time.  I thought my insurance card said I had a $50 deductible for emergency clinics so i thought that counted.  I imagined waiting for 1-2 hours like the other clinics i had been to and paying a ton for it. :(  My manager said i could go right then when i walked in the door so i headed off.  I knew i was going to need a prescription and i havent got a card yet (i'll think of it as a good thing i havent needed a prescription in the 2 years i had that insurance) and i didnt know what hassle would be caused.  I texted and Andy told me that his truck had not been loaded, and there was another truck there that wasnt either so even though he got there very early in the morning, he couldnt start until 9!

Fortunately, everything turned around!  I got to the clinic (it is under the normal dr. office) and there was only ONE person waiting.  I signed in and my deductible was the regular $15 like it was normal.  They confirmed what was wrong and i was on my way pretty quickly.  I called the benefits center and they gave me the prescription info to give the pharmacist, and when I went to the pharmacy and found out my prescription was free after they applied my insurance for it!  I got back to work and my new windows phone 7 had arrived already! I just applied for it Thursday and it seems like everyone else's phones take like a month to get approved and mine had been approved that night and arrived 2 days later.  Besides that, everyone is jealous because they wanted that phone but i was the only one to go to the higher-up people and ask if they'd approve it.  Andy got off work early and got $500 of his refund check ahead of time.  When i got home we went to Erik and Destiny's for burgers and watched the Sing Off finals.  Unfortunately Committed won instead of Street Corner Symphony though. :-/ I am glad that the day turned around though, there is nothing like a bad morning to ruin your day, but it is worth it when things turn out as they did!  I am glad Davey and Moraima let us borrow their car while they are gone so we could get things done.

No comments:

Post a Comment