Wednesday, April 10, 2013

We made it a day!

We survived our first day home!

I was so sad to leave the hospital.  Maybe it's my thrown off hormones or something, but it just made me sad the whole process was over.  I also had/have a little guilt bringing Kellan home with Sawyer.  I know Sawyer will love him and it will be for the better in the end to have a friend, but I just feel guilty having to split the attention between the two.  Sawyer is the sweetest little guy, always coming up to snuggle and say "I love you" and I wish I could give them both all of my attention.  It has already been hard while I am holding the baby and Sawyer runs over with only good intentions and it ends up too rough.  He has been such a good helper though- always bringing us things we need, and kisses and rubs Kellan's head and brings him his pacifier.  I love to see that.  I almost cried today it was so sweet when he came up and kissed him and gave me this look...I can't describe it...he just stared at me for a few seconds smiling and said "I love you mommy."  I want like 10 little Sawyers and I am happy to see Kellan is off to the same good start as Sawyer.

The night last night went fine.  We went to bed at like midnight (as usual lol).  We stuck Kel in the pack n' play and fell asleep.  He woke up crying at like 1:15 and I was worried.  He had not been a crier before then.  He will cry if he's hungry or if he's naked/getting changed but that is it.  Andy was taking the night so he went over and rocked him and put him back in.  Cry.  Andy turned on the vibrator setting. Cry.  Andy turned on the music setting.  Cry.  It was like 15 minutes and I finally said I'd let him lay on me even though my chest is super sore and rock hard.  I noticed he was wiggling around with his mouth open and sticking his tongue out.  "Um, Andy? I think he might be hungry"  "But he just ate like an hour ago"  "He's acting like it though"  "OK"  He fed him and the little chunk-a-roo ate the whole bottle!  We laid him back down and he was fine and slept another 2-3 hours to eat and repeat.  Phew!  I was worried he was going to be a night owl or something.

In the morning, Sawyer came in at 8:00.  We were still tired and didn't know what to do.  We asked if he would watch Sprout in our room quietly but he wanted to go downstairs.  We compromised and said he could go down, pick a toy, and bring it up and watch Sprout.  The problem was he started crying downstairs.  I went to see what was wrong and he wanted his McQueen that was under the oven. *Sigh* There was no way I could get that out in my situation.  I decided to take him down there and Andy could stay sleeping up with Kellan.  Of course Sawyer had to pee first thing (it is so hard for me to get up that it is a major task).  We did OK though and Andy came down a couple hours later with Kel.  The day went pretty smoothly after that...I mean apart from my ice packs on the chest and limping around haha.

We are still figuring out the whole two kids thing.  They say in order to get babies to sleep through the night, you have to make sure and make your normal daytime noises in the day and keep them in the light, and at night make sure to keep the rooms dark and not talk or anything so they get the idea.  It was a relief to read that because Sawyer is so noisy in the day with his cars, and we don't have to tell him to quiet down because the baby's sleeping.  Plus we've all seen those babies that freak out at any noise and can't sleep anywhere but their cribs because that's all they're used to.  I don't think that will be the case in this house lol.

I forgot how many diapers newborns go through, and how many outfits and blankets.  We have an entire load of laundry just from today! They're all so cute though :)

I couldn't resist taking a few pictures today.  They didn't go so well since he hates being naked and he got hungry after like 2 minutes when I got a few of him sleeping in a good position.  Plus he managed to pee on the blanket in the whole 5 minutes we spent doing this.  I think I'll try again in a week or so.
This one's my favorite, I can't believe how much he looks like Sawyer!

I thought this was hilarious


I will re-attempt a wagon photo when he is asleep




No comments:

Post a Comment